Lukas 7900 ACE isn't storing or reading settings (TZ offset) -- config.bin?

MessyPotamia

Reaction score
Country
United States
And it isn't loading the existing settings on the SD card when you load the program and open the SD card.
When the 7900 boots up it says "Ac31" I assume that's the firmware version. My viewer version (when I pull up the Settings icon) says 1.8.6.0.
I have tested some things, like deleting the config.bin and seeing if the viewer creates a new one (and yes it does). No matter what time TZ offset (GPS tab) I set the viewer to, no matter whether I click SummerTime or not, then hit Save, the Lukas always comes up an hour behind current time here. Like the 7900 is stuck on GMT -6.
Manuals aren't a help, neither is the youtube I saw, because it doesn't work the way it shows.
With the SD card inserted, and I then open the viewer, and then open the SD card folder at the root level, why doesn't the reader automatically load the settings from the config.bin it finds there? It does not.
How *exactly* is the relationship between the viewer, the config.bin, and the settings tabs, supposed to work?

UPDATE *** Viewer 1.8.6.0 needs Ac37 ***
I updated the firmware, now at least I can make a setting change from the viewer and it properly saves it to the config.bin. \
Lesson learned, I'll leave this post up in case others suffer the same confusion I did.
NOTE: When I insert the card, then bring up the viewer, then have it open the card ("LUKAS E:"), it still does not read the current settings on that config.bin. Warum / PorQue / WTF?
Thanks to all. Out here.

Where does it say these things?
My question pertained to:
NOTE: When I insert the card, then bring up the viewer, then have it open the card ("LUKAS E:"), it still does not read the current settings on that config.bin.
which was then followed by Deutsch for "why", Spanish for "why", and a common abbreviation vets and others with a wry sense of humor and occasional frustration use which stands for "what the ****".
The question remains, why does the viewer not load the SD card's config.bin when it is selected in the [Open File] dialog box? That's all I need you to answer or comment on, thanks.

My question pertained to:
NOTE: When I insert the card, then bring up the viewer, then have it open the card ("LUKAS E:"), it still does not read the current settings on that config.bin.
which was then followed by Deutsch for "why", Spanish for "why", and a common abbreviation vets and others with a wry sense of humor and occasional frustration use which stands for "what the ****".
The question remains, why does the viewer not load the SD card's config.bin when it is selected in the [Open File] dialog box? That's all I need you to answer or comment on, thanks.
I had similar problem and after the red mark on my forehead started to grow, I realized I'd locked the SD card..one simple flick of the side tab changed everything. Forehead only slightly tender now.

Back