Lukas 7900 ACE update questions...

comminus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
In the process of tinkering I've managed to brick and recover my LK7900. I'm on AC23 now and trying to update to AC31. I'm seeing UPdA on the display and then after around 10 seconds it show four dots (....) for a split second, and back to UPdA. It's been like this for 10 mins.

Questions:

1. how long does a firmware update typically take?
2. is the switching between UPdA and .... normal?

Last edited:
When I updated from AC29 to AC31 it took around 1 minute. I don't remember it changing from UPdA, but I cannot be sure.

Interesting. That's about the amount of time I assumed it would take. I think the switch between UPdA and .... might actually be a bootloop.

On my LK-7500 i had some issue updating to xx31 firmware, it took far longer then on the other updates i did before, but i am not able to remember what the Little display on the back of the dashcam said. ( i think it just said UPda )
In the end i just stopped the update, if i recall right the display dident display anything after that, but it still recorded fine for a fjew days untill i tried the update Again,and this time with a expected result and a fully functioning dashcam.

If my memory serve me right i had DL and installed the viewer for xx31 and used that to format the SD Card before i put the new firmware files on the Card.

Its been a while and since the experience was of no real significance my brain have deleted all data on the event.

Normaly its just UPda for a Little while, and then the cam reboot itself with the new firmware.

OK I did the update again to see. I got UPdA, then ...., then UPdA, then Ac31. So it rebooted once, kept updating, and then rebooted again and was fine. The second boot may have been to reformat the SD card.

Back