Lukas 7900 firmware AC19 to AC29

eppie

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Lukas Blackbox 7900
hi, I am new here. Read a lot of posts!

Tried to upgrade the firmware from AC19 to AC29. Followed all the steps meticulously. Over again.

It doesn't work. Whatever I do Miss Lukas wishes us a safe drive :) and starts recording.
The time setting is accurate. But I see 11.17 in between the time over and again. What does that mean? I waited several minutes, car running. Firmware still seems to be AC19.

I do not see 'upda' .

Please help.

hi, I am new here. Read a lot of posts!

Tried to upgrade the firmware from AC19 to AC29. Followed all the steps meticulously. Over again.

It doesn't work. Whatever I do Miss Lukas wishes us a safe drive :) and starts recording.
The time setting is accurate. But I see 11.17 in between the time over and again. What does that mean? I waited several minutes, car running. Firmware still seems to be AC19.

I do not see 'upda' .

Please help.

The 11.17 you see is the current date, as you must have that selected in your Lukas Desktop software, to display the date, which is optional.
First thing is did you download and install the newest Lukas Ace Viewer programe first, before you installed your update ?

Format your SD card using your camera( insert SD card in camera, and hold both the bottom left and bottom right buttons at the same time, until the option format is displayed ), Do this before you copy and paste the 3 files you downloaded to your SD card.

Completely remove existing Lukas viewer from your PC and install new Lukas viewer linked below to enable the new functions after the firmware updates.

http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_viewer&wr_id=24

• Firmware Version: Ac29

• Black box Model: LK-7900 Ace

<< Cautions on updating >>

Please read carefully before updating.

※ How to update

1. Download the attached firmware file.

2. Back up important data then format the SD card through Lukas camera.

(Those who use 64/128GB memory cards, format through Lukas viewer or black box device)

3. Copy unzipped 3 download files(firmup, firmware, updatef) into the SD card.

4. Start a car engine. (To prevent power cut-off while updating)

5. Connect power then turn on the black box. When ‘SD_Fail’ appears on the segment window, insert the SD card.

6. ‘Upda’ appears on the segment window.

7. After the update is complete, black box automatically reboots.

8. The update is complete.

(Normal operation starts after formatting from the device. In case of ‘memory allocation 64KB on Windows 7’ except

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply JamesDee.

Yes, I did load the new viewer before formatting the SD card. Current version is 1.8.3.0
I read and followed the instructions (included the running car).

@ eppie way back in my early posts I was the worlds worst at installing updates lately I am better but it still sometimes takes several attempts.Now when I download I click on the extract all then save to documents then find it and move it to the Lukas SD card. I then go out to the car start the car and camera when the message SD card fail appears a couple of times I then insert the card into the camera and the firmware updates automatically without me touching anything else.......Hoping this might work for your good self.....Regards Ipol:)

Oh my..
I realized I read 'zipped' file. I wil unzip the file. :(

Hope it works for you this time ..........Like the clogs......have visited sluis and breskens a few times in the past with my lovely lady........Ipol

eppie did this work for you and am I right in you saying you updated from AC19 up to AC29 ?

Back