Lukas 9370 draining vehicle battery on "auto" voltage setting

Candalos

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi all,

So after leaving my Subaru Forester parked for about 3 days with the Lukas 9370 installed with parking mode I come back to discover that the vehicle has been drained of battery. I've brought it to be replaced and the technician claims that it is the fault of the camera.

Everything seems to be wired correctly, the camera seems to work fine and does enter parking mode when I turn off the vehicle, and I've set it the camera settings on "auto". I've changed that to 12.4V hoping that fixes the issue.

Anyone with any experience with Lukas cameras know what the "auto" setting usually does?

i hve the qvia 970wd i had mine set at 12.4v -.3v and in parking mode i was shutting down to early so calagry dashcam told me to lower mine to 11.7v -.3v and i did and my battery is still good in the morn. i knw mine is opposite but hopes this helps

I believe auto is 12.0V, but I suspect a combination of "parked for 3 days" and the small Subaru battery is the cause, not necessarily the cutoff voltage and I highly doubt it's a defective camera.
Understand that even after 12.0V cutoff happens your car continues to have other drains.

Old thread, but you could try switching off the dashcam while leaving vehicle parked for 3 days to see if the battery is still being drained? That would confirm it's not the dashcam draining the battery.

Back