Lukas Ace 7900 not seamless recording is this normal

Nutttytart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
Just 2 weeks into using my new Lukas Ace Camera, and been viewing some of the footage to see what the quality was like, the one thing that I have noticed is when it goes from one 15 minute clip into the next segment it goes black for about a second then the clip starts from where it left off, is this normal for the Lukas... Just that other camera's that I have owned you cannot tell where one clip finishes and the other starts it is seamless..

Wondered if their is a problem with my camera...?

Thanks for any advise... :?

Nutttytart said:
Hi Guys
Just 2 weeks into using my new Lukas Ace Camera, and been viewing some of the footage to see what the quality was like, the one thing that I have noticed is when it goes from one 15 minute clip into the next segment it goes black for about a second then the clip starts from where it left off, is this normal for the Lukas... Just that other camera's that I have owned you cannot tell where one clip finishes and the other starts it is seamless..

This seems to be normal. I have noticed it may have a lesser effect when viewing on a faster system. I have been using an older computer which seemed to be displaying a larger hiccup then a faster Laptop I tried it on. I haven't paid enough attention to this anomaly to try to figure out exactly what causes it or how to lesson it. Maybe I'll see if I can figure out more about it. Interesting topic and I wouldn't be surprised if someone has figured it out by now.

That's normal if the black screen is when the video is transitioning to the next clip.

However if any frame in the video is black, then that is not normal.

Al Drake said:
Nutttytart said:
Hi Guys

This seems to be normal. I have noticed it may have a lesser effect when viewing on a faster system. I have been using an older computer which seemed to be displaying a larger hiccup then a faster Laptop I tried it on. I haven't paid enough attention to this anomaly to try to figure out exactly what causes it or how to lesson it. Maybe I'll see if I can figure out more about it. Interesting topic and I wouldn't be surprised if someone has figured it out by now.

Thanks I am using a Sony Laptop with i5 chip, so speed shouldn't be a issue, but as long as this is normal I happy with that, thanks for replying :D

jamesbcd said:
That's normal if the black screen is when the video is transitioning to the next clip.

However if any frame in the video is black, then that is not normal.

Hi James,
Yes its just when the clip is going from one to the other, glad that this is normal..

How are you recording in 15 minute segments too? I thought default was 3 minute and was not changeable..

Hmmm not sure if I am now ... But thought you could change it in the settings bit?
Will have to have a look again and see if it can be changed ...

By default it is 3 min. It could be less if you stop recording before 3 mins. 30secs for Motion and Event.
And you cannot change these settings :)

Back