Lukas Built-In Low-Voltage Cut Off Function Q

VIIVIIIXIII

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
ITB-100HD, SG9665GC, Mobius B & C2, T1, Z970WD
So I got my hands on a LK-9370WD for review (special thanks to Robert @ CDC/LukasDirect).

The Lukas 2 channel dashcams are extremely feature rich, and one thing that really surprised me was the Built-In Low-Voltage Cut Off Function. Normally, you would need an external module to connect between the dashcam and the fusebox during a hardwire installation. I'm assuming this feature eliminates the need for that module.

To take this a step further, I'm wondering if I can use this feature if I choose to power the LK-9370WD via the cigarette outlet. Note: my vehicle has a special cig outlet that will provide constant supply power even after I completely shut the car off and remove my key (it is 24/7 continuous power). Is it possible for the camera detect the battery voltage using this method? I'm not an engineer so I'm entirely sure how the fusebox vs cig outlet works in this regard.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the Lukas camera needs to be receiving power from a hard-wire kit for this feature to work.

I'd like to give you more information on the specifics of why the cut-off feature doesn't work with the cig. power cable.. I can only speculate that Lukas has decided to not include this feature for [reasons] or that it goes deeper into how the cig. power outlet is inputting/outputting it's power.

Perhaps someone else on the forum knows the answer.. :D

Are you positive that it does not work while plugged in via the cig lighter? I have mine plugged in as well via the cig lighter and the cam stays on 24/7 because the cig port has constant power. With it plugged into the cig port, the camera registers the voltage of the vehicle so I don't understand how it can tell the difference between key on and key off.

From experience with customers and draining my own vehicle battery on occasion, the Lukas cameras --when plugged into the cig. port-- will not utilize the power voltage cut-off function even though the camera is registering the input voltage.

As for understanding how and why the Lukas cameras know when the vehicle is on and off really boils down to how the camera is hardwired; the camera is connected to an ACC fuse (ON with vehicle only) and an always-on fuse (ON regardless of vehicle). When the ACC fuse is terminated when the vehicle is off the camera will automatically detect this change of fuse-power and activate it's parking mode feature, etc. The same applies for the power cut off function of the camera when hard-wired.

Are you positive that it does not work while plugged in via the cig lighter? I have mine plugged in as well via the cig lighter and the cam stays on 24/7 because the cig port has constant power. With it plugged into the cig port, the camera registers the voltage of the vehicle so I don't understand how it can tell the difference between key on and key off.
This being said, the low voltage cut off WILL WORK with LK-7500 & LK-7900 using a cig lighter port.
Its only the two channel Lukas cameras that do not allow low voltage while using the cig lighter port.

Back