Lukas customer support is MIA

sanddragon

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am posting here with great reluctance, as I make it a point to give a company ample chances to provide at least minimally satisfactory customer service before taking them to task in an online forum.

Sadly, Lukas has earned it. I realize that I need to warn other people who might be considering purchasing from Lukas. Let me first note that I have mostly been satisfied with the performance of the dash cam. That makes this post all the more difficult to write.

After owning the LK9300 dual dash cam for 1.5 years, the rear camera stopping working properly. I don't blame Lukas for the brief lifespan of the rear cam. Even well manufactured quality products fail occasionally.

I contacted Lukas support via email in early June to inform them of the issue. To his credit, Robert did reply two days later to inform me that the camera could be replaced for a small sum but that they were moving their office across country and couldn't help for a month. This was a warning sign: how does a company fail to ship a small portion of their product separately to an office where they can help with exactly this kind of issue while the bulk of the goods are in transit? Dash cam parts are small and the cost to ship a box would not be great, even paying for insurance.

Leaving that aside, here is a quick summary of my subsequent attempts to obtain a replacement camera:

- July 5: sent email to follow up after one month
- July 7: Robert asks me to give it another week for the Uhaul to arrive (this is the last I hear from Robert)
- July 23: sent another email to verify if Uhaul arrived and part available
- July 30: called customer service number, got recording and left message with contact information
- July 31 through Aug 5: I call customer service number every couple days. On one weekday, I can several times throughout the day to see if a person will pick up. Each time I am pushed to the "no representatives are available now" response and asked to leave a message. (I get the feeling that no one ever picks up this line and that you must leave a message and cross your fingers.)
- Aug 1: sent another email
- Aug 9: sent another email
- Aug 11: got fed up!

Note that in every email and when leaving the phone message I was polite. It has now been over two months that I have gone without a rear dash cam. Ask yourself, is it ever ok to have to wait two+ months to obtain a replacement part for something you bought? Apparently Lukas thinks its just fine.

I'd like to end by thanking the dash cam enthusiasts here for posting so much good information about dash cams. Reviews and comments were very helpful for my first purchase and I am sure they will help with my next one!

To any admin who might read this post: have you considered adding a "Customer Service" folder so that we can post about our experience good and bad with dash cam companies in one place?

Every manufacturer can make a dud, but the missing support and customer care, thats not good as it send people strait into feeling ripped off ( and rightfully so )
My 2012 LK-7500 still work fine in my sisters car.
While changing to a new dashcam will cost a lot more than a replacement camera if you was able to find it, then a new camera will have better footage for sure at least if you go with a new model.

I thought I was the only one who had experienced with their claimed so called high-end dash cam but poor quality and unacceptable customer services from LUKAS/QVIA. Let me also share my terrible lesson learned from them.
First I bought LK-7950WD with GPS built-in from LUKAS authorized dealer in Thailand. The problem was with the LED segments mulfunction within 1-2 months. I had it replaced for 7-8 times with the same problem. In addition to the problem of LED, new technical problems arrose, e.g. unexpected manner footage recording - driving mode record took place while in parking mode; dashcam self shutdown during parking mode; wifi connection failed; CMOS sensors disorder causing low quality video recording; etc. Every time I sent questions to ask LUKAS via its distributor in Thailand, but what I received only a few words from LUKAS without answering any questions I earlier asked. This really proved very poor quality of LUKAS dashcam with relatively high price though they claimed high end one. Far from that!!!

I then was offered with new model replacement to AR790 2CH by the distributor with no warranty, which I thought it might have been a good solution. However, it's like a dilemma. I had faced new technical problems to struggle with, e.g. GPS fixing, footage download failed, live view frozen, etc. I directly contacted LUKAS/QVIA support Korea and had some e-mails back and forth. But after a while several months time they ignored my e-mail response no matter I kept following up. So upset and disappointed with their customer support. So hopeless with this brand. I later found that even their earlier authorized distributor in Thailand where I bought the dashcams from stopped selling LUKAS nor QVIA. For those who may be planning to purchase any model from the brand, please consider carefully. For those who may be currently using their product including myself, if no problem, you must be very lucky.

Some people never learn or have a sheeple mentality. The warning signs were there. Naive consumers giving merchants or companies the benefit of the doubt is absurd in this day.

I was perturbed with Lukas and my automotive store post purchase. I remained skeptical since then. Furthermore, the official provider where I purchased the Lukas closed shop never to be heard from.

Sheeple and other Lukas promoters in this forum never accepted any negative criticism of Lukas. In retrospect, this mentality reminds me so much about the American people and how they support their president.

Consumers need to assertive and not tolerate excuses and delays. Shop elsewhere even if the product or service costs more.

I don't denigrate people who do not know something, as we are all uneducated in something ;) But among the knowledgeable, expecting fast or adequate support for Korean cams isn't wise. They all have a history of doing very little for their customers when compared to many others. But those without wider dashcam experience or knowledge, and many whose only experienceis with Korean cams, often seem to think such a response is normal or good :rolleyes: When it comes to usual support such as firmwares, warranties, problem resolution, and customer support there is no excuse for a delay of more than a day or two. For unusual support, such as requesting parts which are not normally sold, one should expect delays and be patient.

When all you've ever seen is horses, a Model T will seem like a race car to you. When you show those kinds of people a Ferrari they are overwhelmed with the difference :p Sometimes they will embrace the better, and sometimes they will run back into the more comfortable darkness of their previous ways. Just give them knowledge and let them decide whether to embrace or reject it :cool:

I'm truly sorry that the OP has had such a bad experience. I wish it hadn't happened, but in the end those who caused it will be the ones who suffer most from it and they will have deserved it.

Phil

in the end those who caused it will be the ones who suffer most from it and they will have deserved itl
Right, and karma will bite their arse too. Haha.

I and the OP both wish we lived in your world. ;)

i sell lukas 7900 model in some countrys 5 years ago and have only positive experience. Good hardware, good image quality and low defective rate. Until now, some clients tell how satisfied with the 7900 model and everything has worked without problems for many years.

Support depends only on local importer. The manufacturer has no time to communicate with retail customers, not allocated resources for this.

Now this brand is not active as before. Maybe problem is also in this fact.

Last edited:
Now this brand is not as active as before. Maybe problem is also in this fact.

I think the quality of their earlier product was better than their more recent models also, the customer experience does very much depend on the local distributor, unfortunately in some countries it seems they partnered up with the wrong people and the result was less than ideal for a lot of customers

i sell lukas 7900 model in some countrys 5 years ago and have only positive experience. Good hardware, good image quality and low defective rate. Until now, some clients tell how satisfied with the 7900 model and everything has worked without problems for many years.
It seems you have contradicted yourself here as I have bolded above. Nothing is without problems. The 7900 series has demonstrated itself to have inherent issues with poor initial GPS acquisition and incorrect time.

Additionally, any good company has time and will make time to liaison with their customers. I am going to have to call it as I see it, you're sounding like a shill in support of Lukas.

where is the contradiction? i said - low defective rate, this mean 0.2-0.5% is good result for korean brands. Also i said - items worked without problem..also ig good result...where is the contradiction?
Lukas was have good dashcam in past, dont know how now...And series doesnt mean nothing. Every model is unique. 7900 ace i think is perfect model...
I just said facts based on many sales, and not on a single copy.

about support:
Just imagine that you are calling a Honda to the head office in Japan if you have a Honda car and have problems. Whats happen? You will be sent to the country distrib or dealer, that's what will happen. This mean Honda is sucks? Nope

Back