Lukas Eye(Dashcam wifi app) - Android App Installation and Instruction for LK-7950WD Dashcam

Hey Sunny,

Jopie's Note 3 is not allowing him to connect to the LK7950 Wifi. When he tries to connect he gets the error saying there is not internet. Which is normal because the Camera is not providing a actual internet connection. However after that message it just drops the connection.

I tested it out on the Galaxy 3 I have, and the first time I tried I got the same error, then the second time I touched connect it connected perfectly.

I am not a android user, and I am out of ideas!
What firmware version?
If FI07, can try FI11. Mine works on both versions.

Also, there is new version of the app that you can update from the app itself.

Another thing I think is to have 'Mobile Data' on so it doesn't complain about 'No internet'.

Hey Sunny,

Jopie's Note 3 is not allowing him to connect to the LK7950 Wifi. When he tries to connect he gets the error saying there is not internet. Which is normal because the Camera is not providing a actual internet connection. However after that message it just drops the connection.

I tested it out on the Galaxy 3 I have, and the first time I tried I got the same error, then the second time I touched connect it connected perfectly.

I am not a android user, and I am out of ideas!
I have a Samsung Note 8 running Android version 4.4.2 and was able to connect to the LK-7950 first time with no errors. What I did was; install the dongle, turn wifi on the camera (switch on bottom left to the right toward dongle), turn on wifi on the Samsung settings, let it find the Lukas network, enter the password and I was connected. I only did this once a few weeks ago best to my knowledge. As I remember it connected just like any hot spot.

I tried again 4-5 times yesterday, uninstalled Lukas Eye, reinstalled again still no luck, and no respond from the manufacture in Korea!!!
Same error like before.

BTW my phone Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.3, on mobil data Bell server, Bluetooth service in Honda Odyssey 2013 navigation system, so they have own GPS in the car, car security system with GPS, the antene next to the camera, hard wired to the LK7950, everything worked fined, only not connected to my phone wifi

I tried again 4-5 times yesterday, uninstalled Lukas Eye, reinstalled again still no luck, and no respond from the manufacture in Korea!!!
Same error like before.
Try a different android phone or tablet.
If it works for iPhone, there is no reason not to connect to android phone as long as you are using Android app.
I think some settings on the phone is the issue, not the dashcam.
Share some screen shots or video here of your process and error.

Try turning off phone's gps, bluetooth just to check.

Last edited:
I tried with my son Iphone 6 yesterday working fine, I will try with Samsung Galaxy Note 4 my other son, may be he can help me with his knowledge Android app. I did tried turned off the phone gps, bluetooth, reinstalled the lukas eye, so far no luck.

79a75eef9064b67f6e37c8bc86864db0.jpg

Finally I got it working, I tested with Samsung Galaxy 4 , first tried it worked , so something wrong with my Galaxy Note 3, my son took out the micro sd from the phone check it out turn out full of corrupted file with Korean language, transfer all phone`s pic data to your computer, wipe off the phone by reset the phone to factory default, reinstalled all app in the phone incl the lates android 5, it took 5 hours to reinstalled 900 mb data, now my phone like brand new phone with brand new app OS up todate Android, tested to connect with LK7950, bingo, work fast.
I am happy, thank you everyone.

Finally I got it working, I tested with Samsung Galaxy 4 , first tried it worked , so something wrong with my Galaxy Note 3, my son took out the micro sd from the phone check it out turn out full of corrupted file with Korean language, transfer all phone`s pic data to your computer, wipe off the phone by reset the phone to factory default, reinstalled all app in the phone incl the lates android 5, it took 5 hours to reinstalled 900 mb data, now my phone like brand new phone with brand new app OS up todate Android, tested to connect with LK7950, bingo, work fast.
I am happy, thank you everyone.
Good morning Jopie,

I am thrilled to hear this did the trick..
I can't believe how much that took!! We have no idea how this happened, and you are the first android user we have had that has had this problem.
Anyways glad you found a fix, and that you were kind enough to share it with the community!
Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. I am sure we can give you some kind of special discount. =)

PS I just noticed that I totally posted the wrong photo in my last post.. I should have posted a screen shot of the error Jopie was receiving.

I have a Samsung Note running Android 5.0 To get my phone to connect, I used some information from a Sony WiFi camera site:

• Select [Settings] > [Wi-Fi] > Menu button > [Advanced], and disable or turn off all the functions below. The names of the function may differ among your mobile device.
    [Avoid poor connections] [Auto network switch] [Check for Internet service] [Wi-Fi timer]
I unchecked Auto Network Switch and Check for Internet Service. If I'm at home, the phone would switch back to my home router after the 'checking for Internet Service' failed.

I hope that might help someone.

Anyone have issues with playing videos in the app? It always says I can't play video. It works on iOS but not my Nexus 5 Android. Anyone have any ideas?

Works fine with my Samsung Note II.

Hmm wondering if it's an app I have that is conflicting then ... this is going to be hard to diagnose. Anyone has a Nexus device that works?

Anyone have issues with playing videos in the app? It always says I can't play video. It works on iOS but not my Nexus 5 Android. Anyone have any ideas?
My App just doesn't display any of the recorded videos. If I remove the SD and Micro SD cards, there are videos there.
I'm using the Android App called Lukas Qvia 1.5.0 It seems to let me configure the dashcam via WIFI but not see any videos. No big deal but it would be convenient to check it's working while I'm driving rather than having to get home, take out the SD crds and put into my Laptop. Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 5.0

My App just doesn't display any of the recorded videos. If I remove the SD and Micro SD cards, there are videos there.
I'm using the Android App called Lukas Qvia 1.5.0 It seems to let me configure the dashcam via WIFI but not see any videos. No big deal but it would be convenient to check it's working while I'm driving rather than having to get home, take out the SD crds and put into my Laptop. Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 5.0
I really hate android. It is very hard for me to diagnose what the problem could be.

iOS is the same way.. err. like Taptic feedback only just now being added to new phones lol.

I would suggest making sure you have VLC downloaded on your phone, make sure the phone is actively connected to the cameras wifi, and perhaps see if downloaded the videos to your phone help them play.

Back