Lukas LK-290 problem

dmcmd

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

I received a Lukas LK-290 and a Powerucc Panorama II today. I am having a lot of problems with the Lukas unit. I connected it per the instructions in my Camaro and I made sure to have it set to 12V. When I turn it on by pressing the red button, it blinks for a little while (15 seconds maybe) and then shuts the power off. It doesn't matter where I have the dipswitches - it does the same thing on all of them. When I switch it over to timer mode, I get a green light, but then it switches off again after maybe 30 seconds. To make sure that I had it connected to continuous power, I then wired the G+ straight to the battery. It did all of the same things.

Am I missing something, or do I have a defective unit?

Thank you all,
Darren

I want to resurrect this thread.

I'm noticing the same behavior. Dip switches don't matter. Volt/time doesn't matter.

Brand new battery installed just for the purposes of the dash cam install. Im using the option c that has two cigar ports.

Charging system is sound.

Wiring properly connected. Tapped into cigar outlet on the car and accessory is tapped to the interior lamp fuse.

Using two add a circuits.

Two cameras.

Same behavior as the op.

Are people on this site using Lukas power savers like the 290? Would appreciate your comments.

i using same setup with pano 2s, no problem, that problem is input voltage too low (read the manual) and auto cutoff,

was your cigar outlet got constant power while car is off ?? if dont then u need to connect it to a constant power source

hi,

since i have posted this topic, i have educated myself more on the unit, and yes i hooked the unit up properly. I'm not ignorant.

the issue is the lukas model's cutoff voltage sensing algorithm is a bit too sensitive. it gives a narrow voltage window. the only way to remedy this is to turn on the cam, thereby "resetting" the lukas unit since it seems ~13 volts or so at engine start, then re-activate the unit, turn off the car and walk away.

its not defective, but it could be more liberal in its voltage sensing properties. had I known this, i would have went with another model/brand all together.

Would you still recommend the 290 then? I've been reading yours and reverends's posts about this elsewhere on here and there seems to be only praise

We sell the LK350, not the LK290, but Lukas devices does work very well when set up correctly. You'll also be able to check the input/output voltage right on the LK350 itself.

Kelvin

I just bought a 290. The 350 is a couple of £ more.... Should I have gone for that? Are there any features the 350 has that I'd really miss on the 290?

yes i recommend the lukas lk290.

at the time i was new to the system and did not understand what it was doing. i know full well what its capable of doing and it worked wonders.

i now have the pano x2 that has this feature built in so i dont use the 290 anymore, but absolutely i recommend it.

The LK350 is easier to use with the LCD screen instead of the little switches, so you can make adjustments on the fly. Also, you'll be able to check your battery levels with it too. Very handy.

Kelvin

Back