Lukas LK-290, What have I done wrong?

steve11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC, Mini 0806 running off a Lukas 290 hardwire
Hello,

I need assistance with connecting the Lukas LK-290 harwire kit to run my Mini 0806 dashcam.

I believe I've followed the correct steps but the Lukas unit constantly blinks red and the Camera has constant power, even when I've turned the Lukas unit off and also turned off my car ignition.

I will describe me steps, hopefully someone can pin piont my error, I have a Ford Mondeo MK4 Turbo Diesel.

The unit is set to 12 volt with the cutoff at 12.4V.

1) I have attached the Yellow Lukas wire to the fuse that runs the headlights (this is my always on power).
2) I have attached the Red Lukas wire to the fuse that runs my windscreen wipers (this is my Acc power).
3) I used fuse double adaptors for the connections, both the Headlights and Wipers use a Blue 15amp fuse, I used a Red 10amp fuse for the Lukas unit.
4) I attached the Black Lukas wire to a bolt (touching metal) next to the fuse box (this is my earth).

Not sure what to do now.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with the lk-350 model, wich is basically the same. Hooked it up, and it't allways powered on. The power switch does nothing. What is wrong?

You have wired incorrectly....you need to describe "how exactly" its hooked up and to what you wired to. Did you use a meter or test tool to determine whats always on, vs acc, etc?
Oh...and check your ground...thats the most common issue...ground will only ground with a good connection...sometimes if its grounded to metal but on a painted surface...you may have to scrape some paint away or re-position.

I have the same problem with the lk-350 model, wich is basically the same. Hooked it up, and it't allways powered on. The power switch does nothing. What is wrong?
It could be that you have done nothing wrong.

I realised that after I hooked up the Lukas kit my car still held power for 15 minutes after I turned off the ignition, so the Lukas and dashcam both had power. The Lukas kit continued to blink red and my cam continued to record until my car cut all power.

Have you waited about 15-20 minutes after turning off ignition to see if the hard-wire and camera eventually turn off? Also remember that the Lukas is supposed to always work if you turn it on and set it to a time limit or voltage level. Try turning off the unit and waiting 15-20 minutes.

Didn't think about the time setting on the 350! Look at the top left of the unit...straight across from the main power switch on the 350. It should be to the left to set it to turn off when it reaches a certain voltage....or set to the right to turn off after a specified amount off time.

Hi everyone,

Thanks Daleg amd Steve11 dor respondimg so fast. The solution to my problem was incorrect wiring. In my car's manual there's no overview of the fuses, so i searched on the net for an overview. Found ons but as it turns out, it's only partially correct. So where i thought i was connecting to a power-off fuse, in fact, it was always on.
I tried some more and got it to work correctly. When the ignition comes on the displays reads "ignOn" and when turned off it reads "ignOf", very nice :)
So thanks once more for your kind responses.

Hi everyone,

Thanks Daleg amd Steve11 dor respondimg so fast. The solution to my problem was incorrect wiring. In my car's manual there's no overview of the fuses, so i searched on the net for an overview. Found ons but as it turns out, it's only partially correct. So where i thought i was connecting to a power-off fuse, in fact, it was always on.
I tried some more and got it to work correctly. When the ignition comes on the displays reads "ignOn" and when turned off it reads "ignOf", very nice :)
So thanks once more for your kind responses.
The easiest way to do a hardwire install is with a multimeter!
I have done countless installs, and trying to use the vehicle manual to find ACC fuse and always on fuse almost never works.

Not only the easyst, but also the most wise... The multimeter was at my brothers house and i was too keen on getting the thing installed. With this as the result.

So thanks again and i've learned my lesson...

Glad you got it fixed! A $5 dollar test light works wonders for installing & figuring out all the fuses...saved me from guessing and a do over.

i was too keen on getting the thing installed.

I was the same way. Now you'll probably be like me...I couldn't wait to get it installed and catch a good wreck...once you have it up and running, all the crazy stuff you used to see happen while driving...will stop! The positive side effect though is that it tends to make you a bit more self aware about being a better driver.

@steve11, based on my tests. With my settings in my sig, The on-off switch does these:
- Engine ON, Switch ON, power still runs
- Engine ON, Switch OFF, power still runs
- Engine OFF, Switch ON, power still runs
- Engine OFF, Switch OFF, no power

Now I'm not sure if these are by design, but those are my findings.

Hope it helps.

Please disregard, replied to the wrong thread. :D

Last edited:
Back