Lukas LK-5900HD duo died after only 4 months?

chris57

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, only just joined forum so hope I posted this in right place. Just wondered whether anyone else has had problems with the Lukas LK-5900HD duo?

Bought one from Green-Sum just before Christmas 2013 and after only 4 months it seems to have expired. Working fine until yesterday but now just keeps resetting after a about 10 seconds and playing the welcome message. Tried unplugging rear camera in case that was faulty but no different. Tried another SD card but still same problem. A couple of times in last few months I got random errors about SD card not being detected even though card was in place but switching off and on again cleared fault. But now I am pretty sure something has failed inside camera.

I'm in UK so not looking forward to having to return it to Korea for repair due to shipping cost and fact I already had to pay about £30 for import duties when DHL delivered it. Guess that's problem of buying from overseas.

Just a quick update to this, Green-Sum have requested a video clip showing what the fault symptoms are, a picture of the box cam came out of and a picture showing serial number of camera. Emailed this info to them earlier today so await their reply. Their advice to reformat card did not help.

Already tried a reformat of original Lukas SD card, tried another Kingston class 10 SD which I had previously used in this camera but even after reformat still same problem. Even tried a firmware update (using original P013 version Green-Sum sent me when I bought camera) but still same problem remains. Looking like camera has failed.

Been a week since I emailed the info Green-Sum requested, asked yesterday if they received it ok and was told "we passed email to Lukas so please be patient".
Not happy at all with customer service from Green-Sum and especially Lukas. Would have expected better seeing as this dash cam is only 4 months old. Was a bit dubious about buying from Korea but assumed Lukas were a reliable and good quality manufacturer but seems I was wrong. Never again will I buy anything expensive like this from overseas as it's way too much hassle when things go wrong :(

Let this be a warning to anyone thinking of buying from Green-Sum, been waiting nearly 2 weeks now for an answer as to what they propose to do about the dead Lukas dash cam but still no reply. I have just messaged them via ebay saying unless I hear from them within 48 hours I am going to contact my credit card company to request a Chargeback to recover the £159 paid for camera. Obviously there is no way I could recover the customs charges which amounted to another £30+ and no guarantee the Chargeback would be successful but it is worth a try. Feeling really disappointed to be honest.

Chris I really hope you get this sorted out I had a problem with my 7900 ace and after numerous contacts with green sum they asked me to return the camera for a warranty service and a few weeks later I recieved a brand new 7900 ace from them. I did however have to pay the postage there and back and have just got a customs bill from the carrier for £15 to pay also.

Jimbo, thanks for reply.
Have just posted faulty dash cam back to Green-Sum via Royal Mail Track+Sign service costing £20.35 so they should receive in 5 - 7 days.
They have not mentioned (yet) me having to pay their cost to ship the replacement camera, but if they do I shall protest seeing as last one only lasted 4 months I think they should pay outbound shipping.

Will report back here once I hear any news from them.

Hi Guys,

Just a final update to this story. Green-Sum received the faulty camera back about a week ago and offered a replacement if I paid cost of shipping to UK ($49) which I refused to do as I felt it was only fair they should pay to send the replacement seeing as the original one was faulty and I paid (£20) to return it to Korea.
Told them I would prefer a full refund and if this was not forthcoming I would contact my credit card company to request a chargeback. Just discovered Green-Sum have refunded the full purchase price to my paypal account. Quite surprised really as did not expect them to do that!
Still out of pocket by £55 for import duties and return postage but at least I got most of the money back.

This has taught me one thing, don't buy anything expensive from overseas as when things go wrong you will lose money!!

yeah the perils of the interweb.
So many interesting and cheap things to buy overseas, and so many Things to buy witch isent even sold in the little country you live in.

Allways been hard for me as thing i find interesting are not in local stores, and sports/ hobbies i find interesting is either not to find here or at worst illigal to do here.

Back