Lukas LK-7900 ARA settings / configuration issue

Hi guys,

I know this question has been posted in some sort of way, but I still haven't been able to setup the right settings.

- I recently bought a Lukas LK-7900 ARA (type B) in the US, which has GPS built in
- I downloaded the Lukas 7900 ARA viewer for Mac and I am using currently the OEM provided Lukas SD card (16gb)
- I have not upgraded the firmware yet
- I use a latest generation Macbook Air as computer

Overall the image quality is great for day and night, this for me was the main reason to buy it. As with most of these "Korean" produced electronics, manual, instructions, upgrades, etc is a huge disadvantage.

The issues:
- I am not able to change miles p/h into KM p/h
- I am not able to change date / time
- I am not able to see GPS routings in viewer, while GPS should be built in
- In general I am not able to change any other settings like HD quality, etc
I have tried to change these settings in the viewer and saved them in the config file on the original Lukas SD card (which I first formatted in the dashcam at self)

Another issue:
- Lukas claims to be compatible with Mac / Apple laptop. However, if I use the OEM 16GB SD card which was included in the box, my Mac can read it. I bought a SanDisk 64GB 80mb/s SDXC card, which I formatted in the dashcam. After a recording while driving, my Mac can not even recognise the 64GB SD card as a drive. And I have this problem with all SD card brands which are not Lukas. The funny thing is that the cards are readable in a Windows machine
- Is it possible to record "always" mode and the file is saved as 1 big file, instead of broken down by max 200mb separate files? If I make a 3 hours drive, I'd like to have a 3 hours video, or is this not possible because of the loop recording?

Anyone who could provide me some guidance? I am looking forward to upload some quality dashcam drives from the Netherlands on Youtube!

Thanks,

Admiraal

Have you got the latest version viewer for mac V1.8.7 it was released in december normally the adjustments should be made in the viewer I dont have the ara dashcam or mac Sorry I cant be of much help hope you get it sorted Try getting some advice from Lukas Qrontech email mjyoon@qrontech.com Ipol

Hi, thanks for your reply. Got indeed the 1.8.7 version for Mac, thanks for the e-mail contact

Hi, thanks for your reply. Got indeed the 1.8.7 version for Mac, thanks for the e-mail contact
Admiral,
If you are still having a problem viewing the files, go to the App Store and get a free copy of SmartConverter. It converts the AVI file allowing you to view them on a mac.

I just bought LUKAS LK-7900 ARA 32GB dashcam and, using a Lexar Professional 600x 256GB SD card, cannot change the camera settings. Or rather, I can change the settings using the viewer, and they're stored on the card because if I read the card with the viewer at a later time, it remembers them ... but the camera completely ignores them. And only talks to me in Korean.

The camera successfully operates and captures video. Which I can review in the viewer (running on Windows 7).

I just can't get the camera to recognise any configuration changes. Very frustrating!

I've tried reformatting the card with both the camera and the viewer - makes no difference.

Any help really appreciated.

**FIXED**

The viewer which is shipped with the product (v1.8.4) is out of date and doesn't work properly.

If you go to their website and install v1.8.5 it works fine.

I have firmware version AC37.

I just bought LUKAS LK-7900 ARA 32GB dashcam and, using a Lexar Professional 600x 256GB SD card, cannot change the camera settings. Or rather, I can change the settings using the viewer, and they're stored on the card because if I read the card with the viewer at a later time, it remembers them ... but the camera completely ignores them. And only talks to me in Korean.

The camera successfully operates and captures video. Which I can review in the viewer (running on Windows 7).

I just can't get the camera to recognise any configuration changes. Very frustrating!

I've tried reformatting the card with both the camera and the viewer - makes no difference.

Any help really appreciated.

I Wish I could help, but I am having the same problems.
I sent an email to the Lukas folks, telling them I thought the manual was poorly written. Then I proceeded to explain the problem (as you describe). Their replay was exactly what is in the manual.
I have decided to just live with it the way it is.

I was having similar problems, somebody gave me of this advice.

opening Disk Utility, and formatting the card by clicking on the erase button, then choose to erase in MS DOS (FAT). Once this is complete, you should be able to open the lukas viewer program, and format once again from there.

Back