Lukas LK-9700 Duo Type B - Steps for changing language/voice to English

jbeletti

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered the LK-9700 Duo Type B via Amazon and received it on Tuesday. I'm not ready to install it in my truck yet but I wanted to boot it up and get familiar with the UI.

I did NOT order a cigarette lighter power for it so I paired the red (BATT) and yellow (ACC) wires together and powered the camera with a DC power source inside my RV.

When I boot, I'm getting the image of the front facing camera but I am NOT getting the home button or any other on-screen button. No UI at all.

I read that new firmware was out for it so I downloaded and installed it. Now I get a + sign on-screen that I can press. When doing so, the + sign moves to another part of the screen. I am getting NO camera video since upgrading the firmware. Oh, and all text is in Korean.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jim

Update for 25-Sep-2014 @ 22:47 (UTC -6:00)

I solved my moving + sign. That was the screen calibration feature that comes up after updating firmware.

Problem now is all menus are in Korean. I need English. Does anyone know how I can change this? Perhaps via a menu item? I'd just need to know what screen it's on and what item it is.

Update for 25-Sep-2014 @ 23:10 (UTC -6:00)

I solved my language issue. Using the Lukas Viewer 9700 Duo for Mac, I set a slew of settings, including English language text and voice.

1. Load Lukas 9700 Duo viewer
2. Click the gears icon to open Settings
3. In Settings, click the Audio tab
4. In the Audio tab under Enable Voice Guidance, click on English
5. Remove SD card from camera and insert into computer that you're running the viewer app on
6. In the viewer app, at the bottom of the screen, click Save, then navigate to the root of the SD card and click Save
7. Insert the SD card into the camera. Camera will reboot and all settings you set in the viewer, including english menus and voice guidance will be set

Last edited:
Back