Lukas LK7900ACE firmware update

Ipol

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Lukas LK7900. V2000GS dual front and rear dashcam
19/07/2013 firmware update AC25 and new viewer 1.7.8.0 now available and miracle of miracles I have managed to install both ......still trying to figure out what I did right :eek:

From the Lukas site:

New firmware and viewer of Lukas Black box LK-7900 ACE have been released.

• Firmware Version: Ac25
  • Black box Model: LK-7900 ACE

The improvements are as follow,
  1. Booting speed improvement
    2 seconds faster than Ac23 (※ Speed may differ according to the SD memory card capacity)
  2. Improved video frame being omitted during conversion from parking mode into driving mode
    3 seconds → 0 second
  3. Brightness of segment display in parking mode reduced
  4. Resetting system when stopped during firmware update available
  5. Recording time when powering off improved

Initial tests seem to be fine with the latest firmware update and viewer but the total trip indicator appears to have got worse its now showing just under 80 km travelled for a true distance of 15.5 km I am beginning to despair of Lukas ever getting this problem sorted its been several Emails and uploaded video samples to Lukas Qrontech and we are no nearer to a solution to this problem I know several other LK7900 users are experiencing the same issue .....but strangely not everyone.......come on Lukas get this fault sorted once and for all ...... Ipol

Ipol said:
Initial tests seem to be fine with the latest firmware update and viewer but the total trip indicator appears to have got worse its now showing just under 80 km travelled for a true distance of 15.5 km I am beginning to despair of Lukas ever getting this problem sorted its been several Emails and uploaded video samples to Lukas Qrontech and we are no nearer to a solution to this problem I know several other LK7900 users are experiencing the same issue .....but strangely not everyone.......come on Lukas get this fault sorted once and for all ...... Ipol

Want to buy a period or maybe an exclamation mark? I get a bit winded reading your post. :lol:

I can't install viewer or firmware update

Al Drake said:
jsl262 said:

Why not?
I did install viewer on my win 8 laptop. My issue after several attempts to update firmware no luck. I have tried two different SDcards one formatted with the updated viewer and another formatted with windows 8 both SDcards contained only the unzipped firmware file. I wondering if maybe I have to format on a win 7 computer? Any ideas.

At which part does it 'not work'?
Does it attempt to flash?

jsl262 said:
Al Drake said:
jsl262 said:

Why not?
I did install viewer on my win 8 laptop. My issue after several attempts to update firmware no luck. I have tried two different SDcards one formatted with the updated viewer and another formatted with windows 8 both SDcards contained only the unzipped firmware file. I wondering if maybe I have to format on a win 7 computer? Any ideas.

For anyone to know what is wrong you should post the exact procedure you tried. Step by step.

Hi Al Drake I will keep that in mind :) I am already typing slowly as I know you cant read very fast :lol: .....Hope the Derry weather is treating you ok...Best regards as ever to your good self and the rest of the dashcamtalk fraternity .....The French Connection...Ipol

Ipol said:
Hi Al Drake I will keep that in mind :) I am already typing slowly as I know you cant read very fast :lol: .....Hope the Derry weather is treating you ok...Best regards as ever to your good self and the rest of the dashcamtalk fraternity .....The French Connection...Ipol
:lol:
Thank you for your kind remarks. The weather here has had it's effects I'm sure. I'm happy to say there have been no malfunctions of these LK-7900 cameras as the temperature rises into the 90's.

Stay as cool as you have always been Ipol.

I formatted sdcard copied firmware update on to sdcard nothing else on SDcard. Followed steps started auto waited until dvr showed SDCARD FAILED inserted sdcard and dvr starts recording makes no attempt to update. I tried two different sdcards. I am using a win 8 computer to format sdcard. I tried fornatting with updated lukas viewer and without the viewer I will try again today. If it don't work this time I will use a win 7 computer to format sdcard, Any ideas welcomed.

@ jsl262 I used windows 7 and the download onto the sd card was fine and I usually get it wrong. click on extract all direct to sd card dont format but insert in camera when card fail message shows. @ al drake will do my best Derry looks a nice place to live, just street viewed it in google maps .....Ipol guines 62340 france

Ipol said:
@ jsl262 I used windows 7 and the download onto the sd card was fine and I usually get it wrong. click on extract all direct to sd card dont format but insert in camera when card fail message shows. @ al drake will do my best Derry looks a nice place to live, just street viewed it in google maps .....Ipol guines 62340 france

I am still not sure that you have if you have done this right. First install the viewer on your PC. Then format the SD from that application. Now copy the extracted firmware file to the SD. Turn on the camera and wait for the error indication there is no SD. Now insert the SD and wait. You should be fine at this point. Just remember not to format using Windows.

@Al yes you are right I just meant to say dont re-format the card after extracting update to the card or before getting the update safely into the camera a mistake I have made in the past ... sorry for the confusion its my age... . PS local information........Guines is a one horse town well it was till one of the residents ate it.... :roll: Ipol

Ipol said:
@Al yes you are right I just meant to say dont re-format the card after extracting update to the card or before getting the update safely into the camera a mistake I have made in the past ... sorry for the confusion its my age... . PS local information........Guines is a one horse town well it was till one of the residents ate it.... :roll: Ipol

How do you know it's your age? If you are confused then maybe you're wrong.

Ipol said:

I went to the website, that greensum sent me, when I purchased my Lukas, and I selected download new english verison viewer, which did download, but when I went to install it , it was in Korean.. I did it a second time to make sure that I indeed select the english version, and same problem, in Korean........ I emailed him back to tell him there was a problem with his website when it comes to installing the viewer in English.

not really a big problem, just keep clicking next (not hard to figure out). when installed, it's in english. ;)

I had emailed Green-sum, and he apologized for the inconvenience, and the problem was corrected... Now when I download the new version of Lukas viewer, its actually in English ........:)

Back