Lawkoh

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
• Firmware Version : Fi13 , Fd13
• Dash Cam Model : LK-7950 WD
• Updates in this version
:

1. Improvements to video quality by emphasizing video contrast.

2. Changes in Wi-Fi operation
  • Wi-Fi will be OFF automatically when there is no Wi-Fi connection for 5 minutes in ‘Parking Mode’ . Wi-Fi will be connected automatically when mode is changed to ‘Driving Mode’
  • Improvements to power consumption -> reduced by around 20~30mA
3. Corrections to an issue on iPhone
  • Fixed an issue that SSID being initialized in the events of changing SSID.
4. When damaged SD card is used, device will inform user to format the SD card.

Item 1 could be interesting for sure - I'll have to crack open the Lukas again to give this a whirl in the next couple of weeks :)

I wonder if item 4 will just say to format when previously it didn't write the data to the card? Either way if that's a voice prompt that's much better than it was before.

FI13 is not available over the air yet. I have downloaded and tried to update the new firmware thru SD card (128Gb and then 8Gb cards) but the Lukas type B just showed FI11 and then current date & time. No update progress at all.

Hmm... need to test it sometimes.

I
FI13 is not available over the air yet. I have downloaded and tried to update the new firmware thru SD card (128Gb and then 8Gb cards) but the Lukas type B just showed FI11 and then current date & time. No update progress at all.
I did it thru SD Card.
No problem

My mistake copying zip file to the SD card. Update was successful with unzipped files on the SD card.
New firmware Fi 13 showed up on the Lukas but haven't got time to check it out yet.

I did it thru SD Card.
No problem

My mistake copying zip file to the SD card. Update was successful with unzipped files on the SD card.
New firmware Fi 13 showed up on the Lukas but haven't got time to check it out yet.
I've never upgraded the firmware before, is it best to follow Lukas directions or something better?

Anyone know the meaning for point number 2 in the new firmware?
I am still able to detect the camera SSID in Park mode several hours later.

Yes, it's best to follow the instructions :)
Worked like a charm thx ;).
I have to say though, their instructions, you can get through them, but they are not exactly concise.
As far a item 1) in the firmware fix list. I couldn't discern any difference in video quality, although it was an overcast day too.

Back