Lukas Qvia AR790 No longer showing up on my phones WiFi list?

I3radley

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I'm just looking for some help,

Basically as the title says, the AR790 is no longer showing up on my phones WiFi list? It was working fine up until I changed the WiFi password and the WiFi name of the camera and a few other settings not related to WiFi. It said it was applying the changes and after that every time I go to connect to the camera it's not showing up? The camera seems to be functioning fine and the WiFi on the camera seems to be working (all the relevant lights appear etc..) I have tried uninstalling the Qvia app and re-installing, formatting the SD card, and applying the latest update, but nothing seems to be working? I was wondering if there was a button sequence on the camera itself that may restore the network back to default maybe?

Any help at all would be much appreciated!

Try to reset camera or install again the firmware.
Some app like Wi-Fi Manager maybe can help you by seeing and connecting to your camera SSID. Try this before installing again the firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Try to reset camera or install again the firmware.
Some app like Wi-Fi Manager maybe can help you by seeing and connecting to your camera SSID. Try this before installing again the firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Mtz,

Do you know how to reset the AR790? As I've gone through the manual countless times and can't see anything?

Thank you for replying!

I don't know. If you can not find how to, just reinstall the firmware, it should restart the camera with default settings.

I don't know. If you can not find how to, just reinstall the firmware, it should restart the camera with default settings.

Ok thank you.

When I had this problem I found that there was no channel set for Wi-Fi Channel, the box was empty. I set it to 0(Auto)

When I had this problem I found that there was no channel set for Wi-Fi Channel, the box was empty. I set it to 0(Auto)

I am having the same problem as in post #1 above. Can you tell me step by step how I would go about doing this? I see the last post said it worked! but would like to know how to do it so I can get mine working again.
Thanks

I made the change using the PC Viewer software with the micro SD card connected to my Windows PC, I would expect the Mac Viewer to be similar but have no experience of it.
With the card connected to the PC start the viewer, click on settings (the 3 cogs at the top), a new window opens, click on the 'Additional' tab. This tab has the Wi-Fi settings. On mine the Wi-Fi channel setting was blank. Click on the drop down arrow to see the options, I set it to 0(Auto). Don't forget to save the change.

When you put the card back in the camera and restart it the change should be picked up.

I made the change using the PC Viewer software with the micro SD card connected to my Windows PC, I would expect the Mac Viewer to be similar but have no experience of it.
With the card connected to the PC start the viewer, click on settings (the 3 cogs at the top), a new window opens, click on the 'Additional' tab. This tab has the Wi-Fi settings. On mine the Wi-Fi channel setting was blank. Click on the drop down arrow to see the options, I set it to 0(Auto). Don't forget to save the change.

When you put the card back in the camera and restart it the change should be picked up.

After searching to find the Pc viewer for download, your instructions helped!! Now I can use my smartphone again for connecting to the dashcam..
Thanks for the reply!!

Back