Lukas Qvia R975 Duo

TAFFY17

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas Qvia R975 Duo
Hi Everyone
I don't know if anyone can help but some time ago i bought the above but due to a prolonged illness i couldn't get the unit fitted until a few weeks ago. The problem i have got is the GPS doesn't work i know that the manual says that it can take upto 20 minutes yet i have parked on top of a local mountain for nearly an hour with no success. There has been nothing blocking the satellite just open sky. I can't even send it back to the retailer due to my lengthy illness. Any suggestions would be very helpful
Cheers

Are you sure you have the GPS connected in the right plug on the camera, thats often a error others make on other models.
or the plug properly seated / pressed in

Are you sure you have the GPS connected in the right plug on the camera, thats often a error others make on other models.
or the plug properly seated / pressed in
Hi Thanks for your reply. The model i have has the GPS built in.

Okay.
I waent sure though a Lukas was my first proper dashcam i have not had one since then, just remembered my LK-7500 and other since then had a little wire between the GPS in the mount and the camera.
But i wasent sure how it was with the latest models / qvia line of cameras.
Now i am wondering if your car have some film on / in the windscreen that might block the GPS signal, or if you actually have to turn on the GPS somewhere in the menus.

Normally i have gotten a satellite fix within a minute ( cold boot ) and thats with all the cameras i have tested.

if your wiring are not tucked in too good, it might be a good idea to take the camera off its mount ( assuming they still have those on screen click on mounts ) and then trying to power up the camera holding in in the hand out of the car window where it do have a clear view of the skies.

if your wiring are not tucked in too good, it might be a good idea to take the camera off its mount ( assuming they still have those on screen click on mounts ) and then trying to power up the camera holding in in the hand out of the car window where it do have a clear view of the skies.

Hi kamkar1

Thanks for your replies. I have had the camera hard wired into the car but somewhere around the house i have got the cable supplied with the unit. I'll give your suggestion a try.
Cheers

Back