Lukas Viewer tech

BrianJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any way to see what the current config is loaded in the config file through the viewer?

I setup the 7950 through the wifi (phone), but, want to see what was saved without having to make changes.

Once you save your preferred settings. The next time you go into the settings menu on the Lukas app. They should load as you set them. This also would apply if you have the Lukas viewer on your computer. Once the memory card mounted on your computer. You then open the program and click on settings. Your current settings should then load.

Once you save your preferred settings. The next time you go into the settings menu on the Lukas app. They should load as you set them. This also would apply if you have the Lukas viewer on your computer. Once the memory card mounted on your computer. You then open the program and click on settings. Your current settings should then load.
Unfortunately, the viewer for 7950WD (version 1.0.5 ) is not recognizing the SD card on Mac 10.11.02. I can load the avi files, but, the config setting resets each time I open the program.

Thanks. JFYI. Tried to format using the program as well, but, did not recognize a SD card that was mounted.

Ok finished first set of testing.
Everything worked for me.
I first formatted the memory card on my Macbook.
Then made some setting changes from the Macbook Lukas Viewer V1.0.4. (need to try the V1.0.5)
Put the memory card into the camera.
Connected to the camera via wifi. Confirmed that my adjusted settings were shown. Then I changed a few settings from the Lukas viewer on my iPhone.
Brought the memory card back to my macbook, and opened the Lukas viewer, and updated settings were shown.

By the sounds of it, you need to reformat your memory card.
If the Lukas viewer is not seeing it, open Disk Utility, and format the memory card as MS-DOS.
Then open the Lukas viewer program, and it format again through the Lukas viewer program.
Then change your settings.
That should do the trick :)

Thank you! I'll give the reformatting a try.

Found the root cause of my issue.

Lukas Viewer does not recognize the built-in SDXC card reader on macbook. It was looking for a USB mount.

Once I mounted the SDHC card using a USB adapter, Lukas viewer was able to recognize and format/load configuration.

Now on to another (potential?) issue.

Information tab shows the speed, satellite and HDOP, but, map section is blank.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 6.52.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 6.52.03 AM.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 7
Hmm that is odd.
Built in card reader works on my MacBook Pro.

Now the map part. I am going to have to forward onto the software team and see what they say.

Thanks. Anywhere I can source previous version of the viewer for macs?

Not that I know of, however I do have a copy of most versions archived on my
MacBook.
I'll shear what I have for the 7950 with you shortly.
Might take me a few days. At CES trying to take it all in.
Sorry about the delay!

No worries! Appreciating the assistance!!

Hey Brian,

I have a few things for you to confirm.

1. Do you have a active internet connection while trying to view the videos?
The Lukas Viewer needs internet for the maps to load.

2. When you first open the Lukas Viewer. Look at the tab the shows the map. Does it show a map of somewhere in Korea (actually is showing you the Seoul Lukas HQ Office)?

If you have a internet connection, and see the map showing you the Lukas office in Korea. Can I get you to send me one of your video files?
I will check to see if the map data is there.

Hi.

1. Affirmative on the internet connection.

2. Map section is white like the attached picture above when opening the program/app.

3. Please check PM.

FYI... same version on yosemite shows the map....

hmmm... I'm wondering if I'm overlooking a setting somewhere.... I'll check which version of El Capitan I'm on when I get home.

Back