M2 Discussion

Do you mean an RCA AV out cable?

no RCA's on the cable, just the connectors, you have to make the other side of it up yourself, I think the connector for the other side may be the same as the one they supplied with the old Mobius, don't have that with me right now to check though

no RCA's on the cable, just the connectors, you have to make the other side of it up yourself, I think the connector for the other side may be the same as the one they supplied with the old Mobius, don't have that with me right now to check though

I got the connectors too. The other side from the old Mobius with the RCA plug is what I used that didn't work.

Yeah the connectors on the FPV wire harness look like the same RC servos and such use.

0011721-1.jpg

same plugs are used on many FPV transmitters and even dedicated cameras too on my Hobbyking FPV goggles it have connections for 2 cameras, one use this connector and the other one use a regular phone connector.
So i use this 3 pin connector with a 700TVL bord camera on front of the goggles to give me sort of poor mans active NVG.
And then i have the phone connector for the camera on my air rifle, or i can put a small 2,4 ghz transmitter on the camera on the scope and then a receiver on the goggles.

This way i can sneak up on stuff using the goggle cam, and then change over to the scope camera when i have found my target and is ready to shoot.

PS. it is a little weird at first walking and what not looking thru a camera image on a screen, but i have found a nice lens combo that let me do alright, i even think i would be able to thread a needle if i had to ( not a super small needle off course )

Yes, those are the connectors but unlike the old wiring harness, the new one comes with nothing to use for USB power, RCA or Audio connectivity.

no you will have to make a adapter of sorts to be able to use a USB power bank, but the RC ppl will be able to plug strait into the 5 V of their receiver or a BEC set for 5 volts like i will have to do as i run 7.2 V as i need that for my high power servos in my cars.

But in general planes quad copters and such will have 5 V from their receiver.

Fine, but what's the ****ing wiring scheme?! It's weird that they don't supply an important and vital component they've always supplied before.
logic says the yellow and black cable should be video, whether they used logic or not though needs to be checked, oddly enough I haven't seen any mention of the config used

logic says the yellow and black cable should be video, whether they used logic or not though needs to be checked, oddly enough I haven't seen any mention of the config used

Well, yeah, the RCA connector was yellow and black, of course.

Don't know quite what to make of the Mobius 2 thing so far, considering how long they've been developing this camera and their previous experience with the Mobius 1 in consideration of the wide appeal of the sales demographic surrounding the Mobius 1.

It is as if the Mobius 2 is solely intended as a RC FPV cam, ignoring all the entire previous action cam and dash cam enthusiast audience.

And even with that, it is still highly problematic.

Strange. :(

I would think right now I would still recommend the Mobius 1 over the Mobius 2, it needs more time before it's retail ready

The Mobius 1 is a true classic. One day people will pay big bucks for the original V1 "A" lens versions in mint condition as a collectible on eBay. Mobius 2 at this point in time, not so much.

The Mobius 1 is a true classic. One day people will pay big bucks for the original V1 "A" lens versions in mint condition as a collectible on eBay. Mobius 2 at this point in time, not so much.
would you show me the link ?

I am increasingly dismayed by the number of unique features that made the original Mobius 1 camera the terrific, versatile device that it is, that have not been carried forward to the Mobius 2.

One of my favorite features of the original Mobius was the ability to easily refocus the lens for sharpness or different distance purposes such as macro with the inclusion of a set-screw on the lens barrel. I've just discovered that the new Mobius 2 has a tapped hole for a set screw but it is empty. Instead, the lens is glued in place.

Coupled with the removal of the ability to use the unit as a web cam for focusing or to easily hook it up to an AV device such as an LCD monitor or TV means that the developer has essentially destroyed much of the versatility of the Mobius 1 that made me love the original so much.

Additionally, along with the loss of a supplied wiring harness with included Audio, RCA Video and USB-A power connectors there is now no longer a readily available method to power the camera from an external 5vdc source with the wiring harness as it is currently supplied. For me, I have traditionally used a power bank to temporarily run my super-capacitor powered Mobius cams while simultaneously using a small LCD monitor to aim and align the cameras during installation but this capability is now gone.

Basically, the new Mobius 2 seems solely intended for the FPV market, having apparently abandoned all the other unique ways that people use the original.

It is almost mind boggling that we waited quite this long to finally be presented with a camera that has such a crippled feature set and that still has quite a long way to go to achieve adequate video results.

Last edited:
thank you all for testing and comments about the new M2 , I had planned to buy several units , but your comments discouraged me a lot, I expected a multipurpose camera, M2 has fewer options than the bright M1 , I have to wait for the Foxeer Legend 2 to see what she brings interesting :)surprises or JooVuu XA??.

Perhaps if enough people request it, they will make available the same kind of AV and USB connectors they supplied with the original Mobius 1 wiring harness. I don't understand why they didn't in the first place.

And there is already a threaded hole for a set screw on the lens barrel of the new M2 lens module, so it might be highly doable for the Mobius guys to supply one, or for the user to add one. WTF?

Last edited:
thank you all for testing and comments about the new M2 , I had planned to buy several units , but your comments discouraged me a lot, I expected a multipurpose camera, M2 has fewer options than the bright M1 , I have to wait for the Foxeer Legend 2 to see what she brings interesting :)surprises or JooVuu XA??.

It would be great if the Foxeer 2 could be used as a dash cam but as far as I know it isn't suitable, nor is there a super-capacitor option. For the kind of work you do it may work very well though.

Back