M2 footage dash and action

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
If you have it drop some here for ppl to see.

https://mega.nz/#!qpxhxDAC!2iH3zDQJta3lSIXmtr2Q4jhlFDpCTzQw_ZQp92uPXhs

Settings:
1080/60
Bitrate " standart" 33.7 mbit ( AVG )
WDR not availebel for 60 FPS footage, so ll other settings normal, recorded using H264

In general in this clip we all drive at highway speeds, that's 80 km/h here in Denmark.

Last edited:
looks good! you can pause and read the license plates on the oncoming traffic! nice!

looking forward to seeing some night footage!

Night footage will not yeld any license plate captures, at least not at any total speed higher than jogging speed.
Next week i will start to use H265, i cant do this now as i am not on my home computer and my little sisters laptop is a old dual core HP machine.

Randers looks like a mid-size US town or suburb. I can't recall ever seeing footage of a non-US city (other than Canadian) that I can say that about. Seems majority of European cities, which obviously have a lot of influence on the US, have some design differences that make them distinctly European. I suppose Randers is not all like this footage, so I'm just referring to just what I saw in the clip, but this was interesting to me.

Daytime look really nice, looking forward to seeing the night footage.

Back on the crappy laptop, only + is this house is equipped with a fiber optic internet connection, slower than my cable at home, but thats by choice and nothing else.

So here is a couple of videos going back out of my home town, only change is resolution is now 1080/30 and WDR is ON.

https://mega.nz/#!DsIQAZgb!aMY2xnZRww4STlRa5fprAUnr8vRdo6Hcbuy81NpGkVo

https://mega.nz/#!XkAhCBBQ!fgHZqqkQFnLlReOhW9BUGC3k-Yl_0c5ZZj8sqt-d0jE

This is recorded about 1 hour before sunset, but there is a little forested area i go thru, and that put a damper on plate capture as expected.

O and BTW i have to owe you the RAW footage, cant upload to MEGA before i get home again.

AVG bitrate on the 2 files is about 17 mbit and 370 MB in size for a 3 minute file

Last edited:
Okay Back with some footage in darkness, and i have some footage from my SG9665GC to compare to.

So before we set off, its clear there is something fishy with the 1080/30 WDR footage, cuz damn :oops:
Also please note the M2 and SG files are not 100% synced up, but you catch my drift.
https://mega.nz/#!C5hS2SqA!Zmfx3wcflH1tlKUnACXjBLz5CXX6y3nSpN1pkiqmbDk

Next 2 clips is from the town of Silkeborg, they don't got massive ambient light there, but much more than where i am now.

O and BTW i elevated bitrate to highest before i set off on my night drive.

https://mega.nz/#!H0xClCQR!zG6ZgdV4xGigchL9x9EMvfFMabpgzr4VgN7cp0WbQNk

AVG bitrate on these files is 15 mbit and size is about 344 MB ( seem wierd as daytime with same resolution settings and "standart" bitrate setting that's 3 levels lower than the highest bitrtate setting i use in this night footage,,,,,, wierd )
I will have to retest tomorrow without using highest bitrate.

Anyways for my drive home from Silkeborg i used the 1080/60 setting, so stand by for that in a while.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So before we set off, its clear there is something fishy with the 1080/30 WDR footage, cuz damn :oops:
Looks like they didn't learn anything from the previous model. I rest my case. :rolleyes:

Wow that 30p footage is super noisy. The 60p is better, but the SG clearly outperforms it. Thanks for taking the time and posting this, truly appreciate it.

Yeah they need to dial a lot on the buttons of the M2, but at least the 60 FPS setting most ppl will be using seem to be usable at night, and anyhow you will not catch much at night unless its large or have light on it, and most important you and it both move slow.
Otherwise we still have to make do with motion blur at night.

I look at night footage this way, it can document i was not the one running a red light at that intersection, and it can document i am not driving and making sudden changes.

And i cant see how that will change for the foreseeable future, anything else regarding night footage will need substantially better sensors in the cameras, only low light like my sunset footage i can see get better anytime soon, and that's good cuz all dashcams need a lift in performance there too.

But so far i must say the M2 is where i expected it to be, its usable if you are not expecting groundbreaking performance, and like the first mobius it will get better as FW updates start to trickle out.
I don't feel like i have wasted my money here, but it is what it is, and i will use in going forward, both in my car and strapped to something radio controlled.

They say "any camera is better than no camera"
And i think the M2 is still a lot better than a lot of "any cameras" and most of the "any cameras" will never see any updates as they are more or less abandonware from the word go.

Last edited:
Made this slow motion recording today, using 720 / 120 FPS

This guy in front of me was all over the place most of the 6 minutes or so i was behind him, also much worse than he is thru this little town.
I bet he was on the phone for some reason, maybe chasing Pokemon

The light Grey 20 X 30 CM boxes you can see on some of the houses about knee high on the wall is the fiber optic connections strait into the router on the inside wall of the houses.

Last edited:
Was waiting for something to jump out and drag you off into the woods.

We do have wolves in Denmark again, not least in this mid part of Jutland where i am, so i did break about a gazillion laws and was carrying my Puma White hunter knife.

Here you are not allowed to defend yourself in any case, but you can call the police and pray they can be bothered to do anything.

I have been struggling to obtain decent video from the M0bius 2. Playback has been a problem to such a degree I have questioned whether my computer's (otherwise highly capable) graphics cards is the problem. I am unable to shoot 60 fps but have had some good results shooting 30 fps. For some reason certain clips seem fine but others experience freezes, stuttering, odd video artifacts and green distorted images. Oddly enough, some media players work better than others.

Overall, the video clips produced by the Mobius 2 have a green biased hue to them.

Could it be that I received a defective camera?

Edit: The microSD card is a brand new Transcend 32 GB class 10. Shooting in H.264.

Last edited:
I am shooting H264, did try H265 first but that did not go down well with this dualcore laptop.
Then again even H264 and the 60 FPS is problematic, but slick as snot on a door knob on my home computer.
Will try out H265 in the coming days as my house sitting duties end tonight.

I an using the U3 PNY card in mine.

Last edited:
Could it be that I received a defective camera?

always a possibility, to be honest I thought a lot of the sample video Tom Frank was showing leaned toward being overly green, hard to say for sure though as he seems to do a lot of testing where there's predominantly grass and trees around and does seem somewhat focused on how it performs in that situation, that's his hobby so understand why he would be interested in that but it seems to miss a lot of the potential problems if he's the filter the betas go through

Back