m6+ keeps restarting itself over and over

lawdubs

Reaction score
Country
United States
This cam is around 8 months old, and has randomly started restarting itself with the sd card in. It will play the shutdown noise and then restart without the "hello ddpai" thing. After a few more seconds, it will shutdown again and it continues to repeat the process over and over. When I take the sd card out, the cam stays on and no longer restarts itself. I only have 1 sd card, so I'm not sure if that's the issue. Also, I reformatted the SD card on my laptop to no avail.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? I've looked at a couple of Amazon reviews and have seen others mention this issue, but no one has any sort of explanation on why it's happening.

Thanks for your help!

try another memory card would be the first test, if it still has issues look at the power supply or potentially failing battery is the next most likely culprits

Issue fixed. Turns out it was due to a faulty USB cable. The cable provided with the cam for some reason stopped working. I used another USB cable and now the cam holds power and no longer restarts.

Issue fixed. Turns out it was due to a faulty USB cable. The cable provided with the cam for some reason stopped working. I used another USB cable and now the cam holds power and no longer restarts.

common problem if they use CCA wire instead of OFC wire, the wire eats away at itself and corrodes which adds resistance and causes a voltage drop

common problem if they use CCA wire instead of OFC wire, the wire eats away at itself and corrodes which adds resistance and causes a voltage drop

Learn something new all the time including cheap rubbish is everywhere unfortunately

Learn something new all the time including cheap rubbish is everywhere unfortunately

there's an unfortunate trend where a few cents saved on a component is seen as a good thing, a few cents here, a few cents there, times 10,000 piece production, it all adds up

it all adds up

Yup and going cheap can only add up to constant time consuming complaints all for a few cents less is crazy

You guys have got it sorted

Back