M6+ Latest firmware update *Warning*

I am another Android user with problems. Worked OK'ish with an 8gb Kingston card so I purchased a Samsung EVO 128gb MicroSDXC from Amazon and to make doubly sure it was genuine, I checked it with H2estw, which found all was OK. Formatted in the camera with FAT 32 but afterward's the camera is reporting the card is 95.73% full. However I read the following from above... 'With the latest firmware, the SD card will be formated automatically and fill the SD card up, but new video will start cycle recording again'. So I guess that answers that one, but it was not automatic, I had to format manually. Anyways, its working again but I have not yet had a long run to see if it overwrites and uses the whole 128gb card.

There is an option in the app to format the card if that is needed, but I suggest you try to downgrade to 3.3.1.6 if at all possible.

I did another 5 hours today (5 1/2 yesterday) with no problems. I am still running the "downdate" 3.3.1.6. I use a backup power pack/charger to power my camera in parking mode. It's the Anker powercore 10000

Oh, interesting feedback @Debsmcd6 - I tried my Ddpai with my existing power bank and it failed to keep the power on to the camera. Do you have a view how long the Anker Power core 10000 will keep the camera powered for, even a guesstimate would be ok...

Interestingly, do they ever plan to fix this?

Another one here with missing GPS and odd timestamps on the video files.

Inconvenient and worrying, especially if you ever wanted footage for evidential purposes.

I will stick with it for now, but will consider the downgrade.

Since the update noticed a second announcement message on startup. Does anyone know what this is?

Phil

So far I have gotten second message on startup, only when card is full (full of garbage files) and it has no place to write anymore.
Will try downgrade tomorrow as, it is really annoying as it seems to fail record anything usable, timestamps and unusable GPS is another topic.

Still having problems with GPS. (on old firmware version). It only recorded it on my last trip of 3 today. Interestingly the third trip was without a sat nav in operation. So I went out again without satnav. Looked at card in computer and pooft! the GPS that was there had gone! and it had only recorded the last 2 short local journeys I had just taken! WTF! Getting very frustrated! It seemed not to like the fact that I had taken the card out and looked at it in my computer. After start up it pinged twice, then pinged twice again (as if it didn't like the card) then it stopped. I wonder now if the pinging was it wiping the GPS data?

Oh, interesting feedback @Debsmcd6 - I tried my Ddpai with my existing power bank and it failed to keep the power on to the camera. Do you have a view how long the Anker Power core 10000 will keep the camera powered for, even a guesstimate would be ok...
It does about 6 hours for sure, probably more. I tried leaving it on for 12 but it had died by the time I came back to it. unfortunately I had to reformat the card (for the journey home) so wasn't able to work out exactly how long it kept going for.

Last edited:
OK. I'm stuck! previous really old version the GPS is overwriting, so not keeping the data (even using the most uptodate ddpai app and telling it not to upgrade) The most up to date version is hopeless in more than just the GPS. Going to contact ddpai and ask them to send me a link for the previous version. keep you posted.

Looks like both the Ddpai and Roadeyes apps have been updated this evening. Although it wasn't really the app at fault with the latest firmware, I wonder if this is an indication that there has been some progress on trying to sort out the problems created by the last firmware update.

I am not near the dashcam at the moment so I can't offer to test!

So far I have gotten second message on startup, only when card is full (full of garbage files) and it has no place to write anymore.
Will try downgrade tomorrow as, it is really annoying as it seems to fail record anything usable, timestamps and unusable GPS is another topic.

If anyone can post a link to a recording of the 2nd message after startup I can get a Chinese friend to listen to it and try to translate it.

This is the only issue I currently don`t have :D

I had time to try the new versions of the apps against downgrade 3.3.1.6 and they're still as broken as before.
Can't view recordings or images.
If I take the SD card out and browse it with third party software then it all seems to be reasonable.

Ok it seems version 3.3.1.6 is only keeping some GPS as .gpx files. The rest it is 'archiving' in a Tar folder with the extension .git. I have copied some of these files to my computer and changed the extension to .gpx and the copied them back to the card. Viola! the gps info is now back and readable by registrator viewer. The problem here is that it only keeps about 20 miles of GPS data in this format before in effect running out of space and archiving them.
At least I know it's there. On a brighter note I have now had a reply from ddpai who have given me the link to the download page in china.

http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=2202327771#category/type=0&qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

It has all previous versions of firmware for all their cameras. CAUTION, if you have an adblocker on your browser (I have ADP ad block plus) you will need to disable it on this site or all you will get is essentially a blank page. I had to scroll down a bit until I found what I wanted. I clicked on the firmware I wanted and it opened up another page (all in chinese). I figured out that in order to download the .rar file to your computer you need to click on the button next to the highlighted blue button at the top which had the downpointing arrow in it (download symbol) and (22.2M) next to the chinese writing. see my screen grabs below.

I have now updated my camera to version 3.3.1.7 and will let people know how I get on in the next couple of days.
ss (2016-11-01 at 04.04.51).png
ss (2016-11-01 at 04.03.43).png

Hi Debsmcd6,

Thank you, it works fine with the version 3.3.1.7.

For the GPS git extension file, instead of renaming it, you can decompress it with the 7zip free tool to get a real gpx file ;)

Best regards

Last edited:
So far so good . Gps still be archived though. I guess if you had an accident you wouldn't be continuing to record data on that card, so in some ways it makes sense. Time lapse working fine. I haven't managed to totally fill a card (I am using a 64GB card) so can't comment on the overwriting side of things yet. Playback is OK, no jumping around or jerky stuff with registrator viewer so far. I tend not to look at it on my phone, just play it back from the card on my computer.

Latest 3.3.2.11 seems to have fixed all the issues, at least on mine.

Ok it seems version 3.3.1.6 is only keeping some GPS as .gpx files. The rest it is 'archiving' in a Tar folder with the extension .git. I have copied some of these files to my computer and changed the extension to .gpx and the copied them back to the card. Viola! the gps info is now back and readable by registrator viewer. The problem here is that it only keeps about 20 miles of GPS data in this format before in effect running out of space and archiving them.
At least I know it's there. On a brighter note I have now had a reply from ddpai who have given me the link to the download page in china.

http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=2202327771#category/type=0&qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

Just tried several times to download the 3.3.2.11 update from the above link without success, but the download ends early each time with different size. The update is a 25.3mb file, but the most I get is 4.2mb. We could do with a more reliable download source.

UPDATE: It took six attempts but finally got the full download.

Last edited:
I've managed to download 3.3.2.11 too after several attempts.

But I'm a big wuss :p and want to wait to see how others get on with it before actually updating the camera, to make sure it is definitely worth the change.....

Loaded update via micro sd card OK. Then when I connected wifi if offered a new update, so I click on the update and let it load etc. and its the same one, 3.3.2.11. Anyway it seems to work OK.

I have downloaded the new update and put it on one of my cameras. It still fills the card up with temporary files. I am in the process of running it (Indoors) to see if it overwrites them properly this time. This is going to be quicker than actually in the car, as I have a 64GB card and don't make that many journeys at present. Poor old registrator viewer doesn't like these temporary files, but is reading the new overwriten ones OK so far. I am going to leave it running to try and fill up the card and see if it then recycles as it should. So far, the parking mode is working OK too. . Can't judge GPS as I haven't taken it for a spin in the car yet. Keep you all posted on how I get on.

Back