M6 Plus Newbie guidance needed

Billaboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had the camera working for a few days now but I think I have a long way to go yet.

The camera itself seems excellent, with good video and audio, and the GPS seems to provide masses of data.

I can copy the data into a Windows10 machine and view the video using VLC and see the GPS text data, but that's where it stops. Dashcam Viewer doesn't see or appear to play the video, whereas it does play the video from my old camera. I have just put in a new 128GB card and lowered the resolution of the M6+ to 1080p, but is this all I need to do?

I really do feel that some way of adding GPS position data to the rest of the information at the bottom of the videos would be extremely useful if ever that data were needed in a legal dispute. If Dashcam viewer can be made to do something similar, would that be reasonably likely to be accepted as valid data? Is there any other possible app that combines all this data?

My main phone is a Blackberry Z10, which has the ability to run Android apps, simulating Android 4.2, but the app can't connect to the camera. A cheap Chinese Android 4.4 phone connects to the camera, but so far I've not managed to download anything useful onto it. I select a range, hit Download and nothing seems to happen. The registration of the touch screen is a bit weird and I have big fingers, so I'm never quite certain what I have pressed.
I have a couple of Android 4.2 tablets. One seems to work with the app, the other doesn't. Again, nothing seems to download. Can anyone confirm what spec of tablet is needed to work with the app?

The demo video seems to be of the iPhone version and goes terribly fast. Is there any better walk, or crawl-through anywhere showing what can be achieved and how?

Yes, with the lower camera resolution, Dashcam Viewer works in Windows.

I've still not got any sensible results with Android, so I'm still looking for a decent guide. (Or maybe a pointer to a cheap better phone).

With Android (6.0) I have to disconnect the Cellular data (4G) to get the phone to stay connected to the camera - as there's "no Internet" on the WiFi camera connection, it wants to ignore it.
Not tried a Blackberry with BBOS10 - but of you can get the App to load, it should work. - Possibly switch off 3g/4g data and try.

Back