M6 username and password for engineering menu?

• Thread starter Deleted member 50297
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50297

Hi, this thread provides a username/password to access the engineering menu of an M6+ but those credentials do not work on my version of the firmware. Does anyone know the credentials to access the engineering menu when using firmware 3.3.3.x or can tell me how to divine them from the firmware image?

Thank You!
C

ok, getting access to the telnet daemon is easy enough with the M6. Take advantage of the update process by creating an "update.sh" script that executes telnetd, then go from there.

I create a directory on the SD card, /mnt/sd/cameraapp, with a script, runme.sh and added a line a startup script in the M6 application to call this script. The script starts telnetd, crond, and httpd and adds a line to root's crontab to for the ip address of a raspberry pi in the garage and run a script from it should it be present. That script will then pull the day's records off the M6 and archive them.

Of course, the process to add the call to runme.sh will need to be repeated every time an update is pushed to the camera, but that doesn't happen often.

Back