Mac Support

Happy_Pete

Reaction score
Hi Guys just found the site and doing some looking into purchasing a dashcam for work (truck driver) as I spend 50% of all shifts day driving and of course 50% at night so I am looking for a cam that offers good video for both modes, I am also wanting one with GPS as for those annoying people who like to cut you off then complain, I have been reading alot the past few days but the one thing which is of the utmost importancy is dashcams that support Macs Mountain Lion operating system.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pete.

Hi Happy_Pete,

Unfortunately I am a PC user and haven't really looked for dash cams with Mac support. From my limited knowledge, I have not seen any Chinese cameras with Mac software. The newest BlackVue camera, the DR500GW-HD, indicates Mac software in the Korean description. Not sure if it exists though or whether an English version will be available.

Here is a picture of the Windows version and Mac version.

www.blackvue.com_product_dr500gw_hd_images_13.jpg

G'day DashcamMan,

Yes I have noticed alot of manufacturers cams are for the PC however being a mac convert there are not alot available for the Mac which is a shame as there are alot of users about.

The other thing I failed to mention is the cam I select must be suction cup mounted as I do on occasion change vehicles sometimes midshift but I will look at your recomdation very closely.

Thanks again for your time & hope you and your family had a safe and happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Pete.

Back