Magenta Flash Issue

ducky106

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've know a few other have had this problem and am wondering if anyone knows how to fix it or if everyone is just living with it.

I'm not running a HDMI extension and the magenta flash seems to happen randomly, sometimes multiple frames a second, sometimes once every few minutes. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm moving the camera and lens or if I'm just letting it sit on my desk.

Any advice or tips on what others have done would be appreciated

I just got the camera today and have just been testing it out. So I'm not sure if it comes with the newest firmware but I'll try updating when I get back home.

if you wiggle the hdmi cable at bullet or ar plug side.. does it do it? use the video cable to a tv..

I had tried wiggling the hmdi cable and that didn't seem to be the cause.

But I updated the firmware and now the camera won't record video, it just gives me a solid red light and only responds to the power button. And I had what RockThinking had said about updating the firmware.

first try use pin to reset. if you still have solid red..then you may need to unplug battery..

Tried pin reset still solid red. What did you mean by unplug battery? and I have the capacitor version if you still think it is worth unplugging

if you have capacitor version....no....
have you tried re flash? use new download..sometimes..the download may be corrupted..

I've tried reflashing it, and I've also tried reverting to an older firmware and it still isn't working

Thanks for the quick responses by the way

ok.. can you flash a new "c1config.bin" with auto recording...yes..it is named c1 not c3.

ok.. can you flash a new "c1config.bin" with auto recording...yes..it is named c1 not c3.

I tried it, still nothing.

I've had auto recording on for all the ".bin" files I've put on it and I know everything says the file should be "c1config.bin" but the camera only seems to update the GUI when the name is "c3config.bin". But anyways I did try "c1config.bin" this time and nothing.

did you plug in c3 hdmi....if it is not plug in..it will be red only..

always have hdmi plug in when you flash new firmware..config.bin

yes the hdmi cable has been plugged in the whole time

if that is the case, you may want to take a close look at the hdmi plug and c3 socket.

they look fine, I'm not sure how the socket or hdmi plug could be the cause since I didn't unplug the lens from the camera when it all stopped working

if that is the case, you may want to take a close look at the hdmi plug and c3 socket.

That's a good point because there have been a couple of occasions that I have discovered that the hdmi cable was not pushed in all the way, although it felt like it was.

If the C3 worked well and stop recording after FW updating, please see below instructions,

1. Connect the camera to your computer,
  2. First press shuttle button and soon press power button till green LED blink to format SD card inside camera.
  3. Save the last FW and GUI to your SD card and power it on, you can see Green LED blink first then Red LED blink.
  4. Power on Camera to see what happen.
Just try it.

Hey Rock,

First off, I've been following this forum a while before I bought the camera and want to say thanks for being active here, and thanks for creating such a unique and great camera.

I made sure the HDMI was fully connected, I reformatted the SD card, Updated the FW and GUI and watch the LED blink green then red... and the camera still isn't responding.

I turns on and goes into stand by mode with a solid red LED.

Thanks again for the help, and I know the C3 is a good camera, and mine did work for a bit, something just went wrong somewhere and I would like to fix it if possible.

Thank you for understanding, and we do care our products and customers.
We'd like to send you lens cable, so you can try new lens cable to see what happen.

Sent you message with my address. I really appreciate the help, hopefully this is the fix.

Back