Magenta Flash Issue

hello
suffering from same issues as Ducky106, have a capacitor model and not battery.
followed the advice in this posting but i don't get the flashing/blinking green light just goes to solid red when i follow Rocky's 9.05am post.

just a bit stuck as to where to go from here.

formats the card ok, follow the sequence as stated and goes to solid red, the files don't get removed from the card as stated in instructions.

have skype if necessary but UK located (slight time difference :))

thanks

Ian

do you have a sd card in C3..?
There are two steps in Rock's instruction

Format card inside C3 with "mode" and "power button" together presed....flashing green.
Remove...then copy/load firmware to sd card using your computer.
put sd card back to C3..and power up..
you will see flashing green...

as an update

i can now record but the date is in 2014.

i cannot get the device to update the GUI with my settings despite following the help videos and the information in the pamphlet/leaflet.

any help appreciated as i want to use it as a motorbike cam and need the g sensor switching off and the clip length extending.

thanks.

Ian

use C3-GUI Configuration Utility.exe
set your time/ date and other options...I would use only 1 min clip...
save to sd disk...
put sd disk into c3 and power up...

OK

i'll give it a go, but its beer time here in UK so perhaps in the morning

thanks

Ian

It appears that I have ended up in the same boat.

After installing FW20150303 the camera does the following;

1 At power on the solid red led comes on,
(a) Pressing the record button does nothing,
(b) Pressing the power button will sometimes start the recording.

2 The video appears as per attached sample:

I would appreciate any and all help in resolving this issue.

my video is not like that but the L code at the top is the same

I have that sequence you have described and the video is date stamped 01/01/2014

Ian

It appears that I have ended up in the same boat.

After installing FW20150303 the camera does the following;

1 At power on the solid red led comes on,
(a) Pressing the record button does nothing,
(b) Pressing the power button will sometimes start the recording.

2 The video appears as per attached sample:

I would appreciate any and all help in resolving this issue.

Watched video, it seems lens issue.
When did you notice this, and how it was going before.

Watched video, it seems lens issue.
When did you notice this, and how it was going before.

I noticed this yesterday after I installed the FW update. It was fine until then.
I do have another C3 in the car, so tomorrow I will take the lens cable from that one and try it on the problem camera. I'll let you know the results.

@RockThinking you're the man, it is indeed the lens. I attached the 'new' lens from the car to the 'problem' recording unit and it works perfectly!

I also attached the 'problem lens' to the known working recording unit from the car and could not get anything working, it wasn't even recognized by the pc.

Here's the recording with the 'new' lens on the 'problem' recording unit.

You can open the problem lens case and check if the lens module is losing or other problem.

You can open the problem lens case and check if the lens module is losing or other problem.

I opened the lens case and separated the two halves, didn't notice anything loose, no broken soldering, the pins appeared straight and intact. Do you have any other suggestions?

There are the potential problem from lens module and the connection from the plug pins.

1. un-plug the pins, take the lens module out of lens case. check if anything lose or damage.
2. clear the pins, or make it a bit bend and plug in to make it tight connected.

Then power on camera to see what happen.

Just try.

There are the potential problem from lens module and the connection from the plug pins.

1. un-plug the pins, take the lens module out of lens case. check if anything lose or damage.
2. clear the pins, or make it a bit bend and plug in to make it tight connected.

Then power on camera to see what happen.

Just try.

I followed those steps almost exactly, the exception being that I did not bend any of the pins because the connection was very tight, both before and after connecting. I did notice that one of the pins (on the end) was a little shorter than the others but it was not loose or damaged. Sadly, after re-assembling it still did not work.

For @cf7 here is a picture of the parts:
LOCK0002.MOV_snapshot_00.45_[2015.04.15_13.10.56].jpg

Thx Parklawn..

There are 18 wires but only 7 pins at the lens.
If you can get a ohm meter..you can measure for any open connections. ..use a needle at hdmi

note..one pin loks darker..may be oxidized.. clean it very very lightly.

Thx Parklawn..

There are 18 wires but only 7 pins at the lens.
If you can get a ohm meter..you can measure for any open connections. ..use a needle at hdmi

note..one pin loks darker..may be oxidized.. clean it very very lightly.

That helps a lot.

@parklawn, you can clean pins and try what result.

If still not good, just let me know, I will send you new lens.

The picture that I submitted was not very clear, there is no need to clean the pins as they are fine. Incidentally, as you well know, there are 14 pins (not 7).

Anyway, I appreciate your advice and I appreciate your offer of a new lens. However, I have already ordered a new lens from you and I will let that stand, but if you want to you could send me 2 sets of function buttons as I have lost a couple. Thank you.

Just checked, the lens you ordered has been shipped.

Will arrange other package for keys to you. :):):)

If need something else, please let me know, it can go together.

I got the new lens in today and it works!!

I still have the magenta flash issue when I run the GUI with 1080p and 10min or 30min video lengths, but 1080p and 5min video doesn't have the magenta flash and neither does any setting on 720p. So maybe it is a data transfer problem with the SD card even though it is class 10, and with the first lens the magenta flash the GUI settings didn't make a difference. But I'm just happy it works now.

Anyways thanks Rock for the help!

Back