Magnetic mount

Aliexpress is £13.27 I think inc free shipping probably delivered by November

Thanks for the link, these mounts seem rather expensive don't they! I know wish & aliexpress are abit risky but it's tempting to order from here for 4 mounts for half the price... Too good to be true? I assume this is where joovuu probably ordered a large batch then re sold them on their website years ago

Thanks for the link, these mounts seem rather expensive don't they! I know wish & aliexpress are abit risky but it's tempting to order from here for 4 mounts for half the price... Too good to be true? I assume this is where joovuu probably ordered a large batch then re sold them on their website years ago

Yeah, they do seem rather dear for what you get, even the ones sold elsewhere. If it were me, I would order a couple of those countersunk neodymium magnets with a hole in them from Banggood and find a 1/4-20 bolt or screw.

I've ordered from AliExpress quite a few times and never had any problems. The vendors are under a lot of scrutiny from management which seems to avoid most of the problems that existed years ago. If you check the policies, you'll see that buyers have a fair amount of protection.

Last edited:
AE was never bad, but they're a lot better now. They have tightened up their standards so shopping there is probably safe- I wouldn't worry ;)

Phil

I should also add that several of the vendors I've dealt with on AliExpress are just the nicest, friendliest people. Western buyers often don't stop to think about how many of these vendors are just small business people trying to earn a modest living.

I think you have convinced me to set up an account on AE & purchase the 4 magnet mounts, I'm prepared to wait for a few weeks delivery as I've got 2 magnetic mounts on mobius mounts anyway to keep my going that I've had for a few years anyway

Don't think I'll be ordering from wish or aliexpress as there shipping prices go the UK are far to expensive, may have to look at that link again from amazon even if 2 set me back £25

Yeah, Banggood used to always offer free shipping but now they generally charge you....plus an insurance fee. The fees are relatively modest so it depends upon what you order as to whether it is a worthwhile value proposition. It's hard to imagine they charge more in the end than the Amazon UK offering.

Aliexpress wanted roughly £35 to ship to UK plus the additional cost of the magnetic mounts

Aliexpress wanted roughly £35 to ship to UK plus the additional cost of the magnetic mounts

BTW, did you check thoroughly? There are usually several options for shipping.

Banggood has done something similar occasionally (although not so extreme) where they throw up some absurd shipping fee but when you get to the check-out you can click on other options.

I'll have another look, does bang good sell the 1/4 male threaded magnet disc mounts?

does bang good sell the 1/4 male threaded magnet disc mounts?

I don't think so. A quick search didn't turn one up. They carry a huge selection of items so maybe you'll have better luck if you take a look yourself. The selection sometimes changes day to day.

Back