Mai70 A800 24 hour surveillance recording help

Roli30

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello , i bought this dashcam Xiaomi Mai 70 A800 model , and the original hardwire kit that came from Xiaomi , also bought a 256Gb Kingston microsd ( i know its listed 128 ) but it works perfectly with 256GB SDcards , so the point is that i want the camera to record all the time 24 hours a day , can it do this ?

Thankyou

Welcome to the forum Roli30.

Yes the camera will record all the time, in regular mode if you supply it power, or in parking mode via the hard wire kit you also got.
The only limitations should be for how long your car battery can supply power, or in case of the data for how many hours there are room for before the card is full and the camera start to record over the oldest footage.

You should not run your battery below 12.2 volts as below that you start to ruin the battery and also the ability for your car to start, not least now in winter where it are a little harder to crank a engine.

if it's a HiSilicon chipset (?) it will probably have issues at some stage if you leave it recording constantly, they don't do that very well

Hello , thankyou for the welcome :)
There is a problem that its not recording when i switch the car off , it says that its entering parking mode after 5 minutes , but after 5-10 min it will not start the recording , ive checked the cars battery and it has 11.8-12V , and the low voltage protection is 11.4 V on the original xiaomi kit.

if your car battery is at 11.8v when you turn the car off you're going to need a new battery soon

The thing is that the car starts up perfectly in winter , so i would't replace the battery if the car can start perfecly with no struggle , can this low voltage protection be bypassed somehow ?

not familiar with their hardwire kit, likely you can't bypass the cutoff though, that said if your battery is at 11.8v already and you want to run it even lower on a regular basis you'll be buying a new battery before you know it, a healthy battery will be at around 12.6v to 12.7v when you turn the car off, 12v is considered 50% charged, an AGM or Lithium battery can take a bit more abuse but 11.8v at power off is not a good sign

@Roli30 from my knowledge the hardwire low voltage cut off is fixed. Did you manage to get the camera to record while parked? If I remember correctly, it'll wake up to record only when there's a bump.

@Roli30 from my knowledge the hardwire low voltage cut off is fixed. Did you manage to get the camera to record while parked? If I remember correctly, it'll wake up to record only when there's a bump.
that is right.

If you don't connect the yellow wire (in the hardwire kit) you can have the dashcam record 24/7 but I haven't tested to see how long it last.

Hello , i bought this dashcam Xiaomi Mai 70 A800 model , and the original hardwire kit that came from Xiaomi , also bought a 256Gb Kingston microsd ( i know its listed 128 ) but it works perfectly with 256GB SDcards , so the point is that i want the camera to record all the time 24 hours a day , can it do this ?

Thankyou

How about the solution with powerbank (30000mah)

using the PowerMagicPro will work, but the dashcam might hang due to overheat.
im currently setting mine to cut off at 6hour mark.

@Roli30 Hi, Are you able to find the solution. I also connect the hardware kit but the camera doesn't record the 24 hours video.

There are thermal issues to consider, i would imagine UAE get very hot, in that case a camera will shut down to protect itself, and i dont think any have the feature to come back on automatic when it have become colder.
Also as this is a 4K camera that make the problem even bigger as 4K cameras generate more heat.

There are thermal issues to consider, i would imagine UAE get very hot, in that case a camera will shut down to protect itself, and i dont think any have the feature to come back on automatic when it have become colder.
Also as this is a 4K camera that make the problem even bigger as 4K cameras generate more heat.
Yes, indeed UAE is hot and especially in the summer. I parked the car in the shade and watched for 15 minutes and switched on ignition checked again, but no recording even at night. But I just want to check if it's working or not, otherwise, there is no use in spending money on a hardware kit.

At night you should get a chance i would think.
But some cameras these days can not do parking guard without a 3 wire hard wire kit, but thats just some, a few still support the old 2 wire way where it is the camera that decide to go into parking mode, but i am not aware if this camera is one of those.
I am not familiar with these models or the brand for that matter, so i can only speak in general terms.

Back