Major Issues with Blackvue 600GW-HD

randomguy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been scouring the internet in hopes to try to find resolution to the major issue I have been having with my new 600GW-HD and couldn't find anything. Likely because it's so new. Video playback is pristine and works very well via iPhone app and also the Blackvue desktop software, however the issue I'm having audio playback always sounds like I'm hanging the cam outside of my window while driving. It sounds as though I'm in a Tornado!

I have compared with video online and my cam audio quality is far inferior.

Here's a sample video, bearing in mind I emailed it to myself and had extreme video quality loss, however the audio issue sounds exactly the same.

This is the second unit I have tried and both had the issue. I have also tried using a brand new 32GB high speed class 10 (30mb/s) microSD card and the same issue exists. Have tried numerous re-format/installs and it will not resolve. The original Blackvue MicroSD card displayed this issue and the second 32GB card that I had purchased was actually a SanDisk, which I can now see is not ideal due to read/write process. I will be trying one more card today if anyone can fill me in on the best brand to use that can be picked up locally?

Hoping someone has some suggestions?

Last edited:
Should have posted to the Blackvue section. Hoping a mod can move?

Thx

Have you got your aircon blowing towards it, or a window open.

You also have it set a bit high Ideally should be 2/3 lad 1/3 sky or it will tend to flare in different light conditions.
Yes it will show a fair bit of bonnet but you are not filming aeroplanes after all

It seems strange that two are going the same thing and makes me think its a car issue ,not a camera one.
Try it in a friends car and see what it does. Will eliminate or confirm source of noise

Nothing is blowing in the direction of the unit whatsoever. I have even cut off my air vents completely for testing. No change.

Here's a pic of my mount. It's on there very solid and the lense has a good unobstructed view. Mic is unobstructed as well.

Backvue600_zps2832d766.jpg

I have now tried a third MicroSD card (Lexar 32GB class 10 45MB/s) and appears to be slightly better for some reason, but still quite a bit of audio feedback.

I really can't think of any other reasons why this would be happening, aside from hardware issue and it's driving me crazy..

So I managed to get 1 video with normal play back (1 minute). Audio sounds WAY better. But the rest of videos are still brutal as shown in the sample.

This further reiterates hardware, unless anyone else has a suggestion?

I love this cam and would like it to work properly!

Turn the microphone volume down in settings.

I wasnt disputing your mount but the angle of your camera It should point lower with less sky

Ideally should be 2/3 land 1/3 sky

Hi too have the same issue with the 600GW-HD its so bad you can not hear my car indicators blinking, which could be important in an event of an accident. I can not see an option in the setting to reduce the sensitivity of the mic? if there was an option I am sure this would fix it.

Hi too have the same issue with the 600GW-HD its so bad you can not hear my car indicators blinking, which could be important in an event of an accident. I can not see an option in the setting to reduce the sensitivity of the mic? if there was an option I am sure this would fix it.

Estoril Sport - Finally, someone with the same issue. Yes, I to cannot find any mic volume setting in the desktop suite. Now that I see someone else with the issue, I know it's hardware.

I have now tried 4 different brands of MicroSD cards, messed around with it for hours and can definitely say its a mic issue.

I am hoping they address in future firmware updates (maybe a mic sensitivity setting).

Last edited:
@Estoril Sport you had mentioned the mic got bad on firmware upgrade? Was it fine prior to that? If so, any idea where we can find a link to the older firmware?

The previous version of Firmware is "DR600GW-HD_v1.000E2014.07.24_Windows" however I am not able to revert back this precious version :( Its also on the web page here http://blackvueshop.co.uk/support/downloads/ If anyone know how to revert to a previous firmware version I would like to know.

Does anyone happen to have v1.000 on their computer, or know of a working download link?

Would be very grateful if someone could upload to a file sharing website!

@Estoril Sport the link you provided has the old firmware in archive I believe. At least I see it there.

Going to try downloading now..or is it not possible to revert back to a previous version once updated to 1.001?

Can you fill me in out the process to factory reset, as I saw in your other post?

Last edited:
I have tried installing the previous firmware but the DR600GW decided it know better and would NOT revert back to a previous version. I pressed the reset option when powered up but it did not reset the default firmware only the settings themselves , so this was no help.

Last edited:
Yes, same experience on my end. I guess we can only hope for future firmware to resolve this issue. Audio playback is almost useless at this point.

There is a way to wipe the camera and start again Alexoll posted about it Involves either Telnet or Uart

Read through the Blackvue forum threads

Yes, won't let you revert back to previous versions.

Blackvue just releases l.002 for the 650. Hoping they release for the 600 soon.

I have the 600. I did not have severe sound problems with the old firmware, but I haven't checked the recordings since updating. I'll go to lunch right now, then bring in the camera when I return. Previously, the mic was very sensitive but sounded good if my stereo wasn't romping. This was shot with the windows up, on a very windy day.

I'll go drive around for lunch then let you know if anything has changed.

My sound has gotten considerably worse! While at lunch I tried some window up - window down comparisons ... afterward I couldn't even understand myself when the windows were up! Stay tuned for the video, it's uploading to youtube.

On the bright side, I haven't had a SD card failure in about 4 days. It's only a few hours overdue so no champagne yet, but it's a positive development anyway. The new card is a Transcend 64GB in case anyone is wondering.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DR600GW-HD 20
Daywalker DR600GW-HD 16
Back