Major Issues with Blackvue 600GW-HD

Here is a sample of the sound quality from a couple days ago. Window down, I was talking to the guy in the next car. Quick conversation at the beginning of the video.

Then today, here's a snip from my lunchtime travels. Latest firmware. I was talking to the microphone as I crossed the intersection.

Thanks Smoking Rubber for the video yes look like a major issues with the latest firmware, at least I know its the firmware that is the issue and not the camera itself. I wish hadn't installed the latest firmware, I can not believe that Blackvue would release such a poor release, surly they must fix this very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the firmware is wonky. So far, the whole deal is wonky. I have to format my card every 4 days, when honestly I don't really want to. I've gone through two 64gb cards (not cheap) but neither works for more than a few days.

@Smoking Rubber - Same issue exactly that I'm having!!

So it says there's an update available in the iPhone App firmware area (600GW-HD v 1.002), but when I download it and read the notes, it says do not download, for testing only. What the heck? Is this Blackvue company a startup?

The firmware update is not listed on the website. I find it odd that this company is so disorganized and thinking I may have purchased the wrong product!

I also contacted them to create a ticket over 1.5 weeks ago and have heard nothing. What a joke.

First post. Just received my 600 this morning after my 350 deciding to pack it in.

Checking recordings, static and the sound quality is fine, but like mentioned here on this thread, as soon as you start to drive, that horrible rumbling wind noise appears.

This one has came with the updated SW of v1.001 installed, so no option other than to wait till a fix is made available or return the unit for an exchange, but it seems like this is a common issue on the DR600 from this thread.

One thing I wonder about the audio is, is there any chance the vehicles electrics could be interfering?
We used to get alternator whine etc through old car stereo units and had to fit an in-line suppressor to stop it.

Not sure how the modern vehicle with the can bus wiring etc would have any effect. I wonder.

I have also submitted a ticket with them, but strange how there is no DR600 model listed on their website?

Last edited:
This is 100% a firmware issue and BlackVue as a company has been USELESS to deal with on this particular issue, putting more focus on the 650 vs. the 600 and TERRIBLE, broken English support.

I would never purchase, nor recommend BlackVue to anyone after this terrible experience. I understand that things happen with tech, however support is embarrassing and I paid $329 CAD for a high end dash cam that is a POS on the current firmware and have been more than patient in trying to resolve with the company. I now have had my device for 2 months and has been complete CRAP from day one.

I in fact just received an email from BlackVue saying that they are glad my issue is resolved, which it isn't and never was and they do not read support emails properly. Either that, or none of them speak proper English and I get a poor written, different response each time I email. Complete waste of time and a joke. DO NOT BUY FROM BLACKVUE.

My bad. No 600 listed on the contact for for help I should have said lol.

Screenshot 2014-12-13 15.28.18.png

Last edited:
Have the same problem. Had a DR400 a long time ago, replaced it with a brand new DR600. Image is ok, but audio quality is really really poor. Vids from my 400 have workable audio, 600 is just noise...

Hope this is fixed soon!

I decided when I was out yesterday to try switching the sound recording off and on whilst I was out tin the car. Once back home and reviewing the footage, I got a bit of a mixed result in regards to the sound issue.

Once I activated the Mic I seemed to get a not too bad a quality, though there is still a wind like noise, pulsing sound to the recording, then after coming back out of the shops, switching the mic back on again, I get the total distortion sound that others and myself have already raised.

Just find it a bit weird that it seems to be coming and going for whatever is at fault for the issue we are having.

I also had another run into the City today and whilst having the sound off, then switching it on again, not a sign of the sound issue occurred. So intermittent more than constant in the past two days.

The noise is wind and road noise I think, that you can hear?

Last edited:
That vid is set to private mate.

I plan on doing a test with different quality settings (720p) today and see if that solves anything. Yesterday I also tried what you did, shutting down the mic / starting it manually, didn't seem to make a difference in audio quality.

I'm re uploading it as I can't get in t edit the privacy settings again lol.

Hopefully the next time I post the clip, it will be viewable.

An afterthought is, has anyone tried disabling the Wi-Fi function as well to eliminate that as a possible cause to the interference?

Last edited:
Yep tried it. Doesn't make a difference.

I did a run today, WIFI off, image quality 720p @ 15fps and "low" image quality, to see if the sound improved, but that doesn't help either. Image quality was surpizingly still acceptable to me, but the stock framerate is a letdown obviously.

Going to put it back to 1080p @ 30fps and hold out for a fw update I guess...

Now back at 1080p @ 30fps and no difference, audio still worthless.

Mail from blackvue regarding this, "we have forwarded your remarks to our techical team and hope to provide you a solution quickly"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DR600GW-HD 20
Daywalker DR600GW-HD 16
Back