Major problem with DR590-1CH. Speaks Russian and won't boot

makeitrain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought this DR590-1CH and had it for about 18 months now. One day, it decided to speak Russian instead of English and keeps repeating the message. I don't understand what is going on.

I have tried to:
1) reformat the blackvue brand memory card
2) bought and tried a new Sandisk high endurance memory card
3) tried a firmware upgrade procedure (putting BlackVue folder in root of memory card)
4) tried different power sources

No solution.

Please advise.

Have no idea who that is but a common problem has been online sellers with grey market versions that load modified firmware to change them to English which is not a permanent fix

No no, the camera was always operating in English mode the entire time. There was no issue. Then one day last month, out of the blue, it all just started talking in Russian in this loop.

Every day in the past, it would always say "BlackVue for your safe driving...starting normal recording...". Now it's a Russian lady on repeat.

No no, the camera was always operating in English mode the entire time. There was no issue. Then one day last month, out of the blue, it all just started talking in Russian in this loop.
yeah I understand what you're saying, check with the seller and see if it was real US market stock or from another region, Blackvue do this to restrict the product per region, sellers try to get around it with modded firmware

Help! This suddenly started happening to me too. On start up, I usually get the "BlackVue for your safe driving...starting normal recording..." now it was some (I think Russian) foreign language. I've reformatted the SD card, downloaded the latest firmware, and still have this issue.
I too, bought this from HD Video Depot via newegg. OP, did you ever resolve your issue?

Turns out... I had downloaded the dr590-1ch-v1.009-rus firmware. I don't even know how I did that. But after downloading it ending -eng everything is great. Phew, thought the russians activated all their cam assets.

Back