Making a sound, when actually safing a record?

user2021

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi, I just bought the A119 V3 and installed it in my car. Everything works as it seems. The only question i have is, is there a possible way, that the Dashcam makes a sound, when it actually safes a recording?

I know it only safes the recording on impact, but it does not do any sound notifications.

Also 2nd question: lets say my sd card is full, will older safed videos be overwritten by the newer ones?

Thanks for answers in advance.

In case of a full memory card the oldest files will get deleted to make room for new files, this is default dashcam behavior, in the old days you could still get some dashcams that did not do this or had the option to not overwrite when full, but those days are long gone now.

The other model viofo cameras i have do make a sound when a event is triggered, i just only hear it when i press the event button CUZ i do not have G - sensor on while driving or it is at least set to low sensitivity.
I dont see a reason to record potholes in the road or door slams or other accidental triggers of the G - sensor.
My camera record all the time so little things i press the button, other things i compensate for by having a plenty large memory card, sp at least 128 GB in size for single cameras and 256 GB for dual cameras.

As I've posted before, I really don't see the point of event recording. Often they get saved somewhere else and we then get posts saying there is a gap in the recording sequence.

I just let the V3 record normally and if I need something I can follow the time sequence to find it. I've got a 128Gb card so it's going to take quite some time before any overwriting happens.

Just my opinion though.

Back