Making your own dashmat

Hahahahaha.......... Geeeeeeez your quick and yes, that's the concept.

I saw your post with Aussie GPS coordinates and wondered if you ever sleep being so busy.

I have a feeling Rick is only able to sleep while seated and with the muted roar of a airplane jet engine in the background :D

hehe Ditto, and man did that make for some long days when i was sailing.

First like 12 - 14 hours in a cheap plane seat ( not nice for a tall guy like me ) and then upon arrival on ship maybe 4 - 8 hours of work, depending on where in its shore cycle the ship was.

Makes me think about how a music/sound room is covered in an absorbing material sticking out from the walls.
And it's not only the material or where it's placed that matters, the color does too. You don't see any recording studio with bright colored walls.

In relation to my DIY dashmat story i have decided that i will also be painting the beige plastic shells on my A-pillars black, the white plastic are reflecting a lot at the very edges of the frame.

In relation to my DIY dashmat story i have decided that i will also be painting the beige plastic shells on my A-pillars black, the white plastic are reflecting a lot at the very edges of the frame.
I did the same on the pillar's base on my side after I started using the AT11DA, due to the wider angle. I didn't need to do the same on the passenger's side because the camera is on my side of the RVM and that other pillar isn't visible in the video.

Experience has now taught me to invest the money in higher quality spray paint like the Rust-Oleum Camouflage paints. The cheap spray paint I bought at Walmart fades eventually compared to the good stuff.

Also, for anyone who is truly concerned about extraneous reflections in their car, consider wearing a full blackout suit for the ultimate in reflection reduction! :p

blackoutsuit.jpg

Experience has now taught me to invest the money in higher quality spray paint like the Rust-Oleum Camouflage paints. The cheap spray paint I bought at Walmart fades eventually compared to the good stuff.

Also, for anyone who is truly concerned about extraneous reflections in their car, consider wearing a full blackout suit for the ultimate in reflection reduction! :p

View attachment 31301
Lol:p

I want to do this. But I also want to maintain my dignity.

How much light will purple shag carpet reflect? :p

I want to do this. But I also want to maintain my dignity.

How much light will purple shag carpet reflect? :p
Probably it won't be any good at both: maintaining your dignity and reflecting the light. :D

Back