Mangoal dash camera

Why did you reply like that to their email?

Why did you reply like that to their email?
Because they have emailed me 4 times telling me that it is 4K dash camera. Too many companies are lying about their specs and misleading consumers.

Life in an alternative reality........ :rolleyes:

View attachment 72914
OOOHHHHH IMX676..... LETS GOOO
nevermind realized it is 1:1 ratio :cry:

OOOHHHHH IMX676..... LETS GOOO
nevermind realized it is 1:1 ratio :cry:
For 360° cameras, but we don't need our dashcams recording the roof and floor, so not suitable even for a 360° dashcam!

If i am wrong I would love to be educated on what information i have wrong.
He quite likely believes that you are wrong, because he has been told otherwise, maybe misled by the company Mangoal uses to design or manufacture their dashcams!

It is possible to record 4K video files from an IMX 335, and the video can have better resolution than when recording 2K video from the same IMX 335, especially if the 2K bitrate is rather low, as is often the case with these cameras. The 4K video must be upscaled from the 2K sensor though, so it does not have more than 2K resolution, just more resolution than the 2K recording. With 2K recordings, when the codec runs out of bitrate, it will tend to throw away resolution first, while if you upscale to 4K, the codec will tend to keep more resolution than it would with the 2K, and throw away temporal or colour accuracy instead.

It will, at most, have half the detail of an A229 Pro at Maximum bitrate, for real 4K resolution, you do need a real 4K image sensor, and the IMX 335 does not have enough pixels, whatever the version or however you use it.

He quite likely believes that you are wrong, because he has been told otherwise, maybe misled by the company Mangoal uses to design or manufacture their dashcams!

It is possible to record 4K video from an IMX 335, and the video can have better resolution than when recording 2K video from the same IMX 335, especially if the 2K bitrate is rather low, as is often the case with these cameras. The 4K video must be upscaled from the 2K sensor though, so it does not have more than 2K resolution, just more resolution than the 2K recording. With 2K recordings, when the codec runs out of bitrate, it will tend to throw away resolution first, while if you upscale to 4K, the codec will tend to keep more resolution than it would with the 2K, and throw away temporal or colour accuracy instead.

It will, at most, have half the detail of an A229 Pro at Maximum bitrate, for real 4K resolution, you do need a real 4K image sensor, and the IMX 335 does not have enough pixels, whatever the version or however you use it.
great explanation.

It is possible to record 4K video files from an IMX 335, and the video can have better resolution than when recording 2K video from the same IMX 335, especially if the 2K bitrate is rather low, as is often the case with these cameras. The 4K video must be upscaled from the 2K sensor though, so it does not have more than 2K resolution, just more resolution than the 2K recording. With 2K recordings, when the codec runs out of bitrate, it will tend to throw away resolution first, while if you upscale to 4K, the codec will tend to keep more resolution than it would with the 2K, and throw away temporal or colour accuracy instead.

Yes, you're absolutely right. My research confirmed all of these points.

Well someone reported a bunch of my posts. I am guessing Mangoal did or someone from Mangoal.

Anyways it does not fit my vehicle. Is it not do it yourself. Slow communication from manufacturer. Misleading on specs. Your product should work and fit right out of the box.

Review
1 out 10.

As Dave Portnoy says “Thats a review”

I wonder why the reports were accepted.

Why were posts taken down? Shouldn't the forum be a place for us to share our experiences, good and bad? It's not a place for manufacturers to come and censor content they don't like, especially when it's accurate and helpful, right?

I wonder why the reports were accepted.
It was something to do with showing their personal email information.
Why were posts taken down? Shouldn't the forum be a place for us to share our experiences, good and bad? It's not a place for manufacturers to come and censor content they don't like, especially when it's accurate and helpful, right?
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 9.20.21 AM.png

@safedrivesolutions, I was gonna suggest you repost the correspondence with the identifying info redacted but I wasn't sure it was my business to suggest that or how it might be received by DCM but I'm glad you thought to do that too!

@safedrivesolutions, I was gonna suggest you repost the correspondence with the identifying info redacted but I wasn't sure it was my business to suggest that or how it might be received by DCM but I'm glad you thought to do that too!
I feel like the government now. ha ha ha

Back