Manual / guide / set of instructions for how to install a hard wire 129 duo for parking mode?

stavrosh

Reaction score
Country
Kuwait
Hi all,

As a complete newbie in the field of dashcams, I would appreciate if anyone could kindly direct me to a set of instructions on how to set up the hardwire kit with my 129 Duo for parking mode.

To be specific, I will take the dashcam to a local shop to have it installed but since this is outside the US and 129 is not found here (or dashcams in general) I doubt that they have tons of experience in installing hardwire kits.

Therefore, I plan to have a set of instructions with me to discuss with the workers before they start work so we can test it and troubleshoot it as needed.

Aside from the A129 Duo, I have the following:
- A129 Car Camera 3 Wire ACC Hardwire Kit for Parking Mode
- 4PCS Circuit Fuse Tap ATC ATS MICRO2 MINI Adapter Holder
- The car is a GMC Terrain 2014

I don't believe I would need anything else, right?

Thank you for your time in helping out.

Cheers, and happy new year all!

edit: Car Model

Last edited:
You will need to make sure you have the correct size of fuse tap for your vehicle. Once you have established that you will need 2 x 2Amp fuses. One fuse goes in the TOP slot of the fuse each fuse tap. Connect one fuse tap to the red Bat+ wire and 1 to the yellow ACC wire. Identify a switched live fuse in the fuse box (fuse that is live only with ignition on) and remove that fuse and insert it into the BOTTOM of the fuse tap. Then insert the fuse tap with the yellow ACC wire to it into the now empty slot. Identify a Bat+ fuse in the fuse box (always live despite ignition on or off) and remove the fuse and place it in the BOTTOM slot on the fuse tap with the red Bat+ wire. Place tap in the now empty slot. Find an Earth/grounding point on the chassis of the car and connect then black wire to it.

Rear wiper is normally a switched/ACC circuit in most cars

The camera will only work correctly if all 3 of the wires are connected properly, do not leave any wire disconnected for any reason. You must also make sure the power cable is connected to the camera directly and not the GPS base, GPS will still work don’t worry.

Set the voltage protection to your desired level (12v is probably best for an older battery) and that should be it.

You must have the latest firmware installed on the camera v1.5

The kit is no different than any other 3 wire kit so any auto sparky should know what they are doing, if they don’t then find a different one or do it yourself - the instructions are pretty fool proof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

As a complete newbie in the field of dashcams, I would appreciate if anyone could kindly direct me to a set of instructions on how to set up the hardwire kit with my 129 Duo for parking mode.

To be specific, I will take the dashcam to a local shop to have it installed but since this is outside the US and 129 is not found here (or dashcams in general) I doubt that they have tons of experience in installing hardwire kits.

Therefore, I plan to have a set of instructions with me to discuss with the workers before they start work so we can test it and troubleshoot it as needed.

Aside from the A129 Duo, I have the following:
- A129 Car Camera 3 Wire ACC Hardwire Kit for Parking Mode
- 4PCS Circuit Fuse Tap ATC ATS MICRO2 MINI Adapter Holder

I don't believe I would need anything else, right?

Thank you for your time in helping out.

Cheers, and happy new year all!
to be a little bit more specific one item is still missing from your list - a brand and model of your car.
smile3.gif

You will need to make sure you have the correct size of fuse tap for your vehicle. Once you have established that you will need 2 x 2Amp fuses. One fuse goes in the TOP slot of the fuse each fuse tap. Connect one fuse tap to the red Bat+ wire and 1 to the yellow ACC wire. Identify a switched live fuse in the fuse box (fuse that is live only with ignition on) and remove that fuse and insert it into the BOTTOM of the fuse tap. Then insert the fuse tap with the yellow ACC wire to it into the now empty slot. Identify a Bat+ fuse in the fuse box (always live despite ignition on or off) and remove the fuse and place it in the BOTTOM slot on the fuse tap with the red Bat+ wire. Place tap in the now empty slot. Find an Earth/grounding point on the chassis of the car and connect then black wire to it.

Rear wiper is normally a switched/ACC circuit in most cars

The camera will only work correctly if all 3 of the wires are connected properly, do not leave any wire disconnected for any reason. You must also make sure the power cable is connected to the camera directly and not the GPS base, GPS will still work don’t worry.

Set the voltage protection to your desired level (12v is probably best for an older battery) and that should be it.

You must have the latest firmware installed on the camera v1.5

The kit is no different than any other 3 wire kit so any auto sparky should know what they are doing, if they don’t then find a different one or do it yourself - the instructions are pretty fool proof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you for the prompt and helpful reply. I am not aware of any of the steps you mention, but, it's a first step to see what I need to know before going to the shop.

Thanks again!

to be a little bit more specific one item is still missing from your list - a brand and model of your car.
smile3.gif
Got it. Edited the original post to mention this (GMC Terrain 2014). Thanks for the heads up.

Youtube is your friend:

This video is showing install of a 2 wire kit. For the 3rd wire (ACC, or ignition power only), using a multimeter, repeat the process to locate an ignition powered only fuse (ideally unused slot).

If you're feeling adventurous, here's a DIY video on install of a front/rear cam:

FYI - I installed my A129 myself, it took 2-3 hrs for the cam install and 2-3 hrs for hardwire install...

I have more time than money so did it myself and if I can do it anyone can. lol This was my first dashcam as well so the longest part was deciding where to mount them. Had to move the rear cam because the 3rd brake light located above the rear window bled red through the video at night whenever the brakes were applied. Other considerations when planning the location are access to the sd card and cable receptacles on the cameras. And as someone posted above, there's lots of good youtube videos available. Good luck with the install.

ETA: In my wife's Toyota Rav4 the standard 6 meter rear camera cable was barely long enough. The Terrain is longer I believe, so you may need the optional 8 meter cable.

Last edited:
You must also make sure the power cable is connected to the camera directly and not the GPS base, GPS will still work don’t worry.

Out of curiosity, why is there a usb input for the gps base if it is not ever needed?

It can be used to power the camera, but it just can't be used if your using the 3-wire hardwire kit for parking mode.
Thank you. I guess it makes sense in some installations to have the option to use either usb port. My camera should arrive tomorrow - haven't seen it in the flesh yet. I'm not going to hardwire straight away, but likely in the near future.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A129 / 129 Duo 1
Back