Manual recording?

Jrmudder

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Garmin 65 and love it. I want to upgrade to a two channel. So I bought a Thinkware f200 front and rear. Well when I hit the manual record it only save 5 seconds before you hit the button. But on the Garmin it does near a minute. So basically I’m asking is there any two channel dash cam that when I hit manual record it records more then 5 seconds before? I’ve looked and can’t find any! Any help would be great!

plenty of them do, the Garmin is keeping a large section of prior footage, that's the way most cameras do it also, Thinkware use a prebuffer which is useful for parking mode but has limitations like this for normal use as it only gives you whatever was in the buffer when you save a file, your reaction time is not always good enough for the 5 seconds to suffice

plenty of them do, the Garmin is keeping a large section of prior footage, that's the way most cameras do it also, Thinkware use a prebuffer which is useful for parking mode but has limitations like this for normal use as it only gives you whatever was in the buffer when you save a file, your reaction time is not always good enough for the 5 seconds to suffice
Okay for street Guardian when I hit the manual record what is your before time? Is it customizable?

Okay for street Guardian when I hit the manual record what is your before time? Is it customizable?

it's not something you can adjust yourself, coding that into firmware would be a major undertaking, that said though I think we have a solution that should suit most situations anyway

when an event is triggered (manually or by G-Sensor) it will save the current recording segment, if the current segment is less than half way through it will also save the previous segment, if it is more than half way through it will also save the next segment, on the DC,DCPRO, X2PRO models it will also take a photo at the time of the event, works for both channels if being used in dual channel mode

Back