Manufacturers and Sellers

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Numerous and ever-changing
Lately there has been a number of new members given manufacturer or seller status who are mainly or only posting "buy my stuff" messages. This violates Rule #6 as listed here. Rather than having to ban all of these (rule #7) perhaps you could make them specifically agree to not do this before granting them this special status as a way of stopping it before it starts?

I think this would be preferable to us having to make reports and you having to act on them. And instead of a ban, maybe you could ju8st reduce their status to member instead so they would have a chance to amend their ways and still make a positive contribution here if they chose to do so. If they continued to err, a ban would definitely be appropriate then.

Just getting tired of this kind of spam!
Phil

The status is assigned based on who they are as an identifier for other members, no special priveledges are assigned though

A lot have no clue and just spam all over the place, end result they do their companies no favors and a lot of it is a wasted effort, annoying as it is the best thing is to just report them and let @DashCamMan deal with them as he deems necessary

As jokiin mentioned, the tags are there to highlight who the retailers and manufacturers are not as something that is earned. The classification actually places more restrictions on those members. Not really an elevated status but rather a notification to our members that there posts may not be unbiased.

@DashCamMan I know in some cases the users are identified by others and reported and the tag is changed rather than them actually requesting it to be changed, when this happens are they messaged with the details and a reminder about the rules and expectation that goes with the change of status at all?

probably worth the effort to draft something up as a template in easy to understand English, bullet point format maybe, and just have it as the standard to send out when changing a users status, I would say plenty don't read the rules to begin with and aren't even aware so often post all over the place and just make more clean up work

if it was posted in the forum rules section as well it would make a handy link that others could refer to as well

trying to reduce your workload ;)

Back