Marcus 2 Inconsistent Bitrate

justinsane

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GT680W/DR650GW2CH
I installed the Vico Marcus 2 on my mom's car a while back and never really inspected the files. Videos look good and the smart parking mode feature actually works. But I'm noticing a pretty big variance in the bitrates.
I'm not referring to fluctuations within one file of a few kbps but actual mbps here and there

cPWlwl9.png

Here are some random ones I pulled off of the card randomly. Some are ~9mbps while some are ~13 mbps. What accounts for this difference?
I considered that parking footage might've been lower but the I opened some parked footage and they were still 13.5 mbps. And then I looked at night driving footage which was ~12.5 mbps. Some of my night time parking footage was at 9.5 mbps though

VicoVation

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Dash Cam
Vico-Opia2
Hi @justinsane! @Pier28 is exactly right about the case. What we want to give you is the best quality for the byte: the smallest file size you can achieve while retaining video quality. All in all, the purpose is so the storage can be used in a more flexible way.

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Problem with Variable Bit-rate is often times it won't adjust from low to high fast enough when transitioning between varying conditions , scenes and then critical detail is missed for a few seconds. (could miss something important)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B VicoVation 5