Marcus 3 Installation position.

breakNegg

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey all, with the new firmware out, is it prudent for me to have the camera centre and just below the mirror because of the lane quidance feature???

What happens when they close lanes on a dual carrage way and send you up the on coming traffic lanes when there is road works. That really going to confuse it
so its not really worth using its just an add on that to make another selling point. Ash tray on a motorbike comes to mind useless

@jokiin maybe can share photos on how in Shenzhen 3 carriage way instantly become 2 carriage way in many places. That was very surprising and kinda funny for me to see :)

It would seem like it's more of a gimmick/selling point rather than a super-useful feature. I wonder how well it works. I'm ordering a GPS mouse right now from Spytec, should be in soon.

It would seem like it's more of a gimmick/selling point rather than a super-useful feature. I wonder how well it works. I'm ordering a GPS mouse right now from Spytec, should be in soon.

I suspect it will become annoying very quickly

I suspect it will become annoying very quickly

Yeah, I have a lane-departure/collision warning system in my car and 99% of the time I have it turned off because it just gets annoying when I try to switch lanes. Only have it on when I'm driving at night when I'm extremely tired (which is not too often at all)

Yeah, I have a lane-departure/collision warning system in my car and 99% of the time I have it turned off because it just gets annoying when I try to switch lanes. Only have it on when I'm driving at night when I'm extremely tired (which is not too often at all)

I think if it's something that is integrated with the vehicle and turning it off or on as as simple as flicking a switch then it might be useful for those odd occasions, on a camera though where you need to drill through menus to get to it I don't think you'd bother and it would just get left off all the time, on the bright side though you would have footage of the crash

All jokes aside though I'm not a fan of an aftermarket LDWS system

I've yet to meet anyone that said they enjoy and are happy leaving LDWS enabled full time. (off it goes, when one is in my car)
Maybe it's helpful for those drivers that only get 1 hour of sleep? They shouldn't be driving at all though if that's the case.

I mounted this to just the right of my EZPass, due to it being right under my mirror. The FoV is a bit less than what I expected, but still amazing quality of video. Hope it gets better as the FW updates keep rolling out.

I uploaded a video to youtube yesterday and it destroys the quality even under 1080p...

Frankly, I prefer two dvr with single channel instead of one with 2 channel. Failure rate is smaller. If one of them breaks, i have the other one operational. And the prices for two M3 it's not very different from M5 (~400€ 2xM3 instead of 300€ 1xM5 :) )

Back