Marcus 3 - issues with GPS option

Chris Hung

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there,

Does anyone have the Marcus 3 with the GPS option?

I have trouble with the Marcus 3 recognising the GPS. After plugging in the GPS mouse it is not recognised by the Marcus3.

Any ideas how to identify if the issue is the GPS, Connector or Marcus 3.

Thanks Chris

Hi there,

I'm powering up the Marcus3 after plugging in the GPS.

The Camera is working but I do not get to see the GPS menu under the G Sensor Menu option.

Thanks Chris

Try stopping the recording the recording but leaving the cam powered up while you have clear view of the sky, first time fix can take up to 15 mins, they catch signal quicker if not recording, some more details in the GPS link in my signature

It could be faulty of course but see how you go

Thanks Jokiin for the tips.

I will try your suggestion and see if I can get the menu up by waiting for the GPS to lock onto the satellites.without recording. Failing this I'll ask Dashcams Australia who I bought this from.

Regards Chris

It is a known fault and firmware is to be released this week.

Thanks Jokiin for the tips.

I will try your suggestion and see if I can get the menu up by waiting for the GPS to lock onto the satellites.without recording. Failing this I'll ask Dashcams Australia who I bought this from.

Regards Chris

Chris, I'm having the exact same problem. I've plugged the GPS module into the Marcus 3 and it's not recognizing it at all. Did you find a way to fix the issue or are you still having the same problem?
It is a known fault and firmware is to be released this week.
Milamber, did VicoVation acknowledge that this was a problem affecting all Marcus 3 units and if so where? I've searched the internet but can't seem to find much information from VicoVation or other users about this issue at all most likely because this is such a new product.

Milamber, did VicoVation acknowledge that this was a problem affecting all Marcus 3 units and if so where? I've searched the internet but can't seem to find much information from VicoVation or other users about this issue at all most likely because this is such a new product.

I have been in direct contact with VicoVation and Dashcams Australia. The problem has been acknowledged with the English firmware version, VicoVation advised me that their firmware is in the final stages but is VERY buggy. You will not succeed with gps with version 1 of the firmware, the firmware is to be emailed to me directly and this would be the first place I post it.

Why they release Marcus3 with alpha firmware? They treat customers as betatesters...

Back