Marcus 3 - same mount design as TF2?

woorich

Reaction score
Country
United States
Will the Marcus 3 fit onto the adhesive mount hook for the TF2 line? Or did they change the design of the part on the unit where the hook latches onto it.

I was curious of this as well. As soon as I get a hold of a Marcus device in a few days I will test it with the rear view mirror mount witch has the same slot as the G1W and Vicovation mounts.

Will the Marcus 3 fit onto the adhesive mount hook for the TF2 line? Or did they change the design of the part on the unit where the hook latches onto it.
Okay so I have just tested the RearView Mirror mount and the adhesive mount that i used on my TF2 and WF1.

Both the rearview mirror and TF2/WF1 adhesive mount work as long as you use the Marcus 3 quick release bracket so that the camera is angled correctly. I am guessing, but have not tested that if you take the angled joint out of the adhesive mount that came with the Marcus 3 you could pop it into your existing adhesive mount with no issue.

Okay so I have just tested the RearView Mirror mount and the adhesive mount that i used on my TF2 and WF1.

Both the rearview mirror and TF2/WF1 adhesive mount work as long as you use the Marcus 3 quick release bracket so that the camera is angled correctly. I am guessing, but have not tested that if you take the angled joint out of the adhesive mount that came with the Marcus 3 you could pop it into your existing adhesive mount with no issue.
If you use the rear view mirror joint slide into the vico oem adhesive mount, it will not work well. Because the rear view mirror joint is just a tiny little bigger then the Vico OEM base.

If you use the rear view mirror joint slide into the vico oem adhesive mount, it will not work well. Because the rear view mirror joint is just a tiny little bigger then the Vico OEM base.
I forgot I had mentioned that in the other thread, and you are correct.
2d77r52.jpg

Rear view mirror mount on the left. Vico mount on the right.

I forgot I had mentioned that in the other thread, and you are correct.
2d77r52.jpg

Rear view mirror mount on the left. Vico mount on the right.
I have a different rear view mirror mount and it does fit the marcus 3 properly. There you go and I think the smallest mount is still the oem adhesive mount.
14018392623_b3582a0304_c.jpg

I got the GPS mouse 3 weeks ago and I took off the 3m tape. There is a magnetic underneath the 3M tape. The magnetic is loosen and the manufacture just use a clear tape to fix that. OMG. However, the good thing is the 3m tape color is black. It looks very stealthy.
13998826444_05e3ce43b7_c.jpg

can you not get a third party mount which is more heavy duty..... i like these cameras but still not using a screw mount really lets them down :(

The problem with ANY mount that is too long or has too many joining-parts is that they all will be wobbling, because of Marcus series vertical design.
To minimize wobbling, distance between part that mounts to windshield and Marcus body should be as short as possible.
I have few DIY ideas about more reliable whole bracket / mount solution for Marcus series, but have no chance to try them yet ( dont have Marcus ).

can you not get a third party mount which is more heavy duty..... i like these cameras but still not using a screw mount really lets them down :(
oh yeah, i just share the info with the folks here. I hate these big mount. I only use clear 3m adhesive mount on all dashcams.

yeah the sucker mount provided was total garbage and when i contacted the company they asked me to send me the cam back and wouldnt send me another mount :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back