Marcus 3 & WF1

wyj

Reaction score
Country
China
WF1 dash cam has the function of LDWS, who can tell me what the real experience of using this function, does it like sb telling that it is a chicken rib? Because I want to buy the Marcus 3 !

Thanks

--W

In the area I drive there is a section of road where the speed limit is 35 or 40 where it comes from one lane and opens up into two lanes. When I go to take the outside/slow/right lane if LDW is enabled a voice prompt will go off. I always make sure to turn mine off, but last time i updated to 1.53 it turned it back on and I forgot to turn it off. I have not tested it on the highway, but as a driver I know to stay in my own lane so I turn it off.

The only real use i see of it is if you are a commercial driver who puts long highway hours in to highway driving and might push yourself and fall asleep at the wheel where a loud warning might wake you, but as a regular driver it seems rather useless.

Haha, thanks for replying !

After my dash cam arrived, I will turn it off too, because my area has a very complex landform. How about GPS track record? Will it be interesting to review it after a trip? I mean you can watch the video when a map follows.

In the area I drive there is a section of road where the speed limit is 35 or 40 where it comes from one lane and opens up into two lanes. When I go to take the outside/slow/right lane if LDW is enabled a voice prompt will go off. I always make sure to turn mine off, but last time i updated to 1.53 it turned it back on and I forgot to turn it off. I have not tested it on the highway, but as a driver I know to stay in my own lane so I turn it off.

The only real use i see of it is if you are a commercial driver who puts long highway hours in to highway driving and might push yourself and fall asleep at the wheel where a loud warning might wake you, but as a regular driver it seems rather useless.

How about GPS track record? Will it be interesting to review it after a trip? I mean you can watch the video when a map follows.
My TF2 and WF1 do not have GPS, but back when I had my GS8000 with GPS before it died it was neat to see in Registratior Viewer the first few times, and I don't mind the Speed Display because I don't really speed, but unless someone else is driving your car and you want to know where they go or if they beat on your car or again if you are a commercial driver who needs to keep track it is really not a huge deal.

The only real use to an everyday driver would be if you were in an accident and needed to go look I really was at the location here is the GPS info. Might be useful if the other driver claims the accident started in a different area and you ended up coming to a halt where you are now like a prior intersection. Also if you Speed it can be used against you.

Unless you drive different places a lot it is really not exciting to watch yourself take the same route to work, visit family, or go shopping and what not. The Oh look I can watch myself on Google maps does wear off after a bit.

Also just to point out again the WF1 has WiFi not GPS and the Marcus 3 is GPS ready, but does not come with the external antenna. At Least not when purchased from SpyTec. The lower end SF2 replacement Marcus 1 does come with.

My Marcus 3 (with GPS) may arrive tommorow, the TAOBAO seller will send Marcus 1's GPS and a polariscope to me, they said GPS is compatible, but I am suspicious of it.
I will upload the 3's picture and feelings after i use it.

thanks

Last edited:
Back