Marcus 3 :)

isdoo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have my first dashcam in my hands.

The Marcus 3.

I will be giving it a try out by driving from Miami to Key West and back over the next couple of days :)

My first impression is of a well packaged item. Always good to see time spent on presentation.

I will let you know how I get on.

Sadly there was no 8GB SD card as mentioned on the sales page of spytec. :(

Sweet. hope to see some nice footage from you Guys soon.

That information about a memory card being included with the Marcus 3 was erroneously added to the content of that page and has since been corrected. Vicovation does not include memory cards with any of their cameras. I apologize for the miscommunication.

Please let us know how the Marcus 3 works out for you.

Sadly there was no 8GB SD card as mentioned on the sales page of spytec. :(

Spytec are shipping the missing card to me.

Shame they missed it off the order.

I only use that small Cards for Mp3 files in my headunit, i have a 8Gb witch can hold a useable ammount of CD´s in a moderate sampeling rate.

8 Gb will not last long in a M3 cranked up to maximun performance ( bitrate / resolution ) you will want a 64 Gb SDXC Card in that camera if you max it out.

Good to hear you're in Florida. The number one reason I went with Vico was I need a device that can handle really hot temperatures (and has good night images and fairly good build quality control).
Let us know how it works in the heat.

Why is the video quality look so bad?
Everything is so blurry and the details are not clear, i expected that the video quality will be much better.

Why is the video quality look so bad?
Everything is so blurry and the details are not clear, i expected that the video quality will be much better.
Same here. One positive thing is that it's better than my bv500.
I will drive around a little more and wait for others to post video before I make final judgements. As of right now I expected better as well.

Where else can I upload a 500MB video? Dropbox suspended the video link for excessive bandwidth.

Mine is pretty clear, not blurry. Although I have nothing to compare against.

Just need to get rid of 50% of the image as dashboard LOL

Oh, mine also improved after I removed the blueish film protecting the lens :D

I want to buy the camera but the videos look bad.
I found a seller that sell her for 209$, anyone know someone that sells the camera cheaper?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/141252558147isdoo you can upload videos on 1296P and 1080P 60 FPS so we can see the real video quality?

Mine is pretty clear, not blurry. Although I have nothing to compare against.

Just need to get rid of 50% of the image as dashboard LOL

Oh, mine also improved after I removed the blueish film protecting the lens :D

LOL I did the same thing with the blue film. I set it all up, drove around my neighborhood and came back to view the video and was all WTF!!! Then I remembered the film...

Here's another video from this morning. Still 1080 @ 60FPS - https://mega.co.nz/#!u5YW0LjZ!FfS9LtJL92sdeudccu5sNSV1P-6bAtE66-1uhdm8_bU

I will upload a 1296P later and see if I can get night video in as well.

It's better, but......
I had higher expectations for video quality
I don't like that the clips are 5 minutes and worse, there is no option to change it.
Is there parking mode? While the car was parked at night I noticed several clips were short 10 seconds to 1 minute

Dl that 1080P/60 FPS clip, to me it seem like good daylight footage, i wonder how 1080P/60 fps will fair in darkness, but i fear cam wil trottle FPS down and increase exposure times to get good footage.

Maybe the cam only record ( motion ) when there is activety in front of it. resulting in files in different sizes ?

Only place where i expect better footage from new cameras is at night, should be so with AR0331 or simmilar CMOS and A7 chipset features, and offcourse a smaller chance for motion blur in daytime ( 60 FPS ) but to me it seem like 30 FPS can do that as long as there is plenty of light.

And less Blocking / pixelation compared to older cameras, but A7 should take care of that issue.

LOL I did the same thing with the blue film. I set it all up, drove around my neighborhood and came back to view the video and was all WTF!!! Then I remembered the film...

Here's another video from this morning. Still 1080 @ 60FPS - https://mega.co.nz/#!u5YW0LjZ!FfS9LtJL92sdeudccu5sNSV1P-6bAtE66-1uhdm8_bU

It's better, but......
I don't like that the clips are 5 minutes and worse, there is no option to change it.
Is there parking mode? While the car was parked at night I noticed several clips were short 10 seconds to 1 minute
Still is looks so average for acmarea that cost 200$, I will really appreciate if you can upload night video and 1296P video.

It's better, but......
Thanks for uploading the video. Looks pretty good, similar to the TF2+.

Two questions:
Was that with a polarizer lens or just the cam itself?

Have you seen any images from when driving into the sunlight?
Aside from operation at night, performance when driving into sunlight seems to be the weak link for many cams.

Video worthy bitrate A7 malenkiy.Mozhno increase to 22Mbit/sek. Blurring Show.

Thanks for uploading the video. Looks pretty good, similar to the TF2+.

Two questions:
Was that with a polarizer lens or just the cam itself?

Have you seen any images from when driving into the sunlight?
Aside from operation at night, performance when driving into sunlight seems to be the weak link for many cams.

No polarized lens yet... in the mail.

Here's a 1296 recording and direct sunlight about half way through the video.
https://mega.co.nz/#!7gBXWSzK!Y7IMtW8Qj48e7e25kfjDRczNtIdmibBNRrN-rSkGsU0
Since I've only owned BlackVue cameras, that's all I can compare to and one thing that BV does well is adjust to light, but I have yet to go into a tunnel or long underpass to really see how fast it reacts. A positive note about the Marcus is there is barely any glare showing compared to my DR500 (maybe because I had it very close to the glass).

I'll be out of town through Friday so I won't be able to post any other videos until I get back. Hopefully others will post.

Back