Marcus 5 (HELP!!)

Sora

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone here can help, I have the new Marcus 5, the issue is I am very forgetful and I found out that the Marcus 5 does not start on the car ignition - you've to literally turn it on and off yourself everytime and each time I forget to do so.

When I start the car I've to turn it on, and when car stops I have to turn it off :(

Is there any easier way, my old dash cam started with the car and stopped with the car yet this one lacks that convenience.

Something wrong with your camera or setup, it should auto record at power on, it's a basic function of the product

Strange. I am sure it has to start / stop recording with ignition.
Are you using original supplied miniusb car charger ?
Try to reset from the menu to factory settings.

Thanks guys, let me take another look. I am using everything that came with the camera. When I connect the cord from the car to the device it turns on, and it records. However, when I stop the car it continues to record and doesn't switch off.. The other day I drove and it was recording but the issue was it recorded the entire night because I forgot to turn it off, basically I forgot to turn it off.

However, I shouldn't have to do that. So let me take another look at this one :)

Check your car cigarette lighter if it cuts off power when you turn off an ignition.

Niko, nope the actual light from the lighter stays on. Should I be using another lighter or find a way to turn it off?

Niko, nope the actual light from the lighter stays on. Should I be using another lighter or find a way to turn it off?

either needs a switched outlet or have a look at using parking mode so that it doesn't record needlessly when parked and nothing is happening

I will have to have a look, never really had this issue before so it is all new to me :D

Can I get a switcher or something I can place in to the actual lighter slot and then connect the actual camera cord that will switch it on and off, maybe I will google that.

I will have to have a look, never really had this issue before so it is all new to me :D

Can I get a switcher or something I can place in to the actual lighter slot and then connect the actual camera cord that will switch it on and off, maybe I will google that.
U may try this:

Or this

Or other on / off solutions

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...113012754&SearchText=cigarette+adapter+switch

P.S. Any DIY may void warranty.

Thanks Niko, and others ;)

I realized now that one of the lighter slots is always active, the other one that is in the apartment to where you sit, right next to both seats is the one that is off when the car stops. So that one is off/on with the ignition whilst the other one under the steering wheel is always on.

I guess I will need to simply use the non-primary one instead for now even if it does come as an inconvenience.

Hey Sora, i'm thinking of getting the marcus 5 as well. what is your opinion in this?

have a friend with a Marcus 5 and it keeps burning out the power supply for some reason, has been replaced 3 times already, front camera only is fine but as soon as the rear camera is connected he has problems with it, he gave up and it's being used a single cam now

have a friend with a Marcus 5 and it keeps burning out the power supply for some reason, has been replaced 3 times already, front camera only is fine but as soon as the rear camera is connected he has problems with it, he gave up and it's being used a single cam now
gosh, not good. I was thinking of panorama x2 but can't find any local reseller here in aus.

I have not connected my back camera up yet, only the front. However, I will get to the back part soon.

I have a 2014 Nissan Navara Titanium series STX 550.

I hope it doesn't burn mine out now that you say that.

Back