Matego AV In pinout

TheRookie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
AllWinner A10 Mirror, Aiptel GS 372 (Papago), Cowon AW1
My MG800 got AV In port that I would like to use.
It seem to take a mini-jack but I don't have a pinout for it.
The known good "bullet"-type camera doesn't work with it.

I would appreciate if someone could post here pinout information.

Got 2.5mm 4 pin coax plug, armed my trusty (albeit cheap) multimeter and started the investigation.
Finding ground pin was easy (micro usb is nearby and all I needed is to find pin that is short to microusb outer shell.

However, I can't find the composite video input. No matter what pin I have used (except for the ground one, obviously) I can't make it to accept the video.
Sent email to retailer asking for help (somehow I doubt they will know how to solve it).
Damn! :(

Thank you very much!
What was the reason for selecting that specific cable if you don't mind me to ask? There lots of similar cables on Amazon - some cheaper and some more expensive?

Had an email from Digi4u - they are going to contact supplier (OnStar?) and get this information from them. Let's see how it works out...

That was the only cable of that type that was in stock over 12 months ago which is why I ordered that particular one - there are a couple of others on Amazon including Kenable now who I've had good success with over the years

Received a response from vendor. Apparently, the AV In function is disabled on this model (maybe vendor-specific) so the camera is going back to the shop. As the camera was advertised as having TV In (and AV In, although I don't understand what is the difference), it is clearly not fit for purpose (misadvertised).

The hunt continues...

I am wondering if it was deliberately disabled by Matego for certain vendors?
Maybe they have only paid for a low-end version of the camera...

The SG is probably good (sorry, never used it myself) but I am looking specifically for mirror-type camera as I want to use it as reverse camera monitor too.

Received a response from vendor. Apparently, the AV In function is disabled on this model (maybe vendor-specific) so the camera is going back to the shop. As the camera was advertised as having TV In (and AV In, although I don't understand what is the difference), it is clearly not fit for purpose (misadvertised).

The hunt continues...

the models aren't the same in each market, the seller probably advertised that in good faith thinking it was correct but it's not always the case

Well... now they know that it doesn't work. :)
BTW, I have nothing against the seller - they even sent me free postage label. I just need to find time to post it back.

Back