Matego D1

Max_nl

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Noticed Matego now advertises a new "360 panoramic view" cam which can capture front and inside/rear in one frame.
Anyone got their hands on one?

20160828201131_57130.jpg

http://www.matego.cc/?mod=product&view=show&cd=16&id=420&la=cn

Was wondering if it works well enough for capturing while parked.

How does it record the inside?
I only see one camera in the front.

How does it record the inside?
I only see one camera in the front.

poor marketing I guess but this type of camera the lens generally needs to point straight down, they use some kind of fisheye lens and it's a software solution to turn it into 360 video, same as the cheap 360 view sport cams

Reactions: Mtz
poor marketing I guess but this type of camera the lens generally needs to point straight down, they use some kind of fisheye lens and it's a software solution to turn it into 360 video, same as the cheap 360 view sport cams
Ah like the ceiling dome cameras that record all around.

Yes, looks similar the "flat panorama" mode of this sports cam. At 8:50 in the clip.

The real question is how good the details are compared to lenses that point directly towards the front or back.

generally you can see what's going on but detail isn't their strong point
I see.
Then the ones with two cameras like the Vantrue N2 is better option that has pretty good resolution for the inside at 720p.
Vantrue-N2-Dual-Dash-Cam.jpg

I see.
Then the ones with two cameras like the Vantrue N2 is better option that has pretty good resolution for the inside at 720p.

When I look up the Vantrue N2 on amazon, I noticed the listing says: "Please note: Parking modes only works for front camera" though...

Personally, I am not so much interested in capturing road action, but rather when the car is parked.
Had a mirror kicked off my car twice this year. :(
Both at night.
So looking for a device that has good parking mode, does reasonable at night, and bonus points for any device that can capture a little bit more than just up-front.

When I look up the Vantrue N2 on amazon, I noticed the listing says: "Please note: Parking modes only works for front camera" though...

Personally, I am not so much interested in capturing road action, but rather when the car is parked.
Had a mirror kicked off my car twice this year. :(
Both at night.
So looking for a device that has good parking mode, does reasonable at night, and bonus points for any device that can capture a little bit more than just up-front.
Rear camera on N2 is only meant to record inside of the car.
The angle doesn't support anything happening outside.
You can see few things through the windows but not enough details to see who does anything outside and it's worse due to AE from dark interior and bright outside.
For that, you need side cameras on the side windows.

It has to be mounted lend facing down like @jokiin mentioned

D1 mounted.jpg

Comparing 1080p, 360 degree fish-eye vs 3 x 120 degree 1ch dashcams: Matego D1 1080p / 3 = we can get more-less real details reading result if comparing vs single 1ch dascham. I assume it will be close to D1 of 1Ch 120 degree dashcam performance, hence I guess maybe just a coincidence of model numbering naming @ Matego "D1" ;) :)

This model also has WiFi and IR which is useful for interior recording at night.
Interesting solution for taxi, bus, truck drivers where details are not so important like overall surrounding situation.

D1 WiFi.jpg

D1 IR.jpg

Back