Matego MG600 up for sale on Amazon and Ebay

so below the screen, you have the menu, up and down and i would assume the fourth as the the select button. what about on the side? what do those buttons do?

'Power' and 'Mode'. I think maybe it's possible to assign one of the buttons to function as 'Emergency' button when recording by updating the firmware. I have mentioned this to Dome.

thanks guys...i wired it with pmp and have it run 24/7 ...its winter now so i cant comment about the overheating issue..we'll know when its summer...i doubt the radar detector work outside china... the radar detector update provided are all based on chinese map.. hope someone able to create a custom firmware or hack the unit voice file and replace it.. :D btw this cam is a good deal... the quality is good..

the motion detect dont really work at dark place... lightly lite area...and i walked in front of my car but the cam doesnt record... the radar detect picked up loads of false alarm... the rest are fine...

This Could be my 2nd cam if the battery is super capacitor.

the motion detect dont really work at dark place... lightly lite area...and i walked in front of my car but the cam doesnt record... the radar detect picked up loads of false alarm... the rest are fine...

I have the same problem with the motion detector. I thought it was because I put the camera inside a homemade telescope and I limited the field of view.

The firmware could be improved by adding a sensitivity level for motion detection, which currently has only one setting (on/off). It works well for cars with headlights on, or daylight for people and cars, too. I was hoping to detect people around my property at night but it fails to turn on the recording although the video is perfectly bright. The Matego is capable if the software is improved ... just add levels of sensitivity. I think it is set at low sensitivity so trees, blowing leaves and birds do not trigger it to record.

(I just saw this thread today. It is not why I bought this camera, in case anybody is curious.)

Last edited:
maybe better for night time use with the scope to just use a bigger card and don't worry about motion detect

maybe better for night time use with the scope to just use a bigger card and don't worry about motion detect

I never thought of that. I need 2 or 3 days of video. Maybe I can do that many hours at some lower frame rate or pixel density and bigger SD card.

Interesting set up.

BTW, If anyone wants the manufacturer to make improvements, please shoot them an email: service@matego.com
Or use this form: http://www.matego.com/en/contact-us/feedback.html

When I talked to them about improvements, they did not take it very seriously. If they know there are real demands, maybe they will do something.

Last edited:
So the only difference between the 600 and 600e is the gps and radar detector in the 600e?

Yes, but please note that radar detector warning is in Chinese.

No other differences in functionality and appearance. Of course, MG600E is heavier.

i have viewed them ,so great!:D

@sam169 the Black Car Major M-G12 H.264 Super HD 1440P is listed as 5.0Mp in the advert but the OV4689 is 4 megapixels (http://www.ovt.com/products/sensor.php?id=136) , may just be worth updating the advert to save yourself getting any grief down the line - I don't know why so many of the factories change the specs like that which they give you.

@sam169 the Black Car Major M-G12 H.264 Super HD 1440P is listed as 5.0Mp in the advert but the OV4689 is 4 megapixels (http://www.ovt.com/products/sensor.php?id=136) , may just be worth updating the advert to save yourself getting any grief down the line - I don't know why so many of the factories change the specs like that which they give you.
@reverend Thank you very much for the info. I really appreciate that. I mostly just copied the info from them. I did not look into such details.

not worth to buy anymore... they just launch a new blazer with dual cam.. as for the single cam version , up till today there is still 0 update on firmware or revision..there is no improvement.. i suggest we all move on to korean brand

Back