Max dashcamera operation temperature by official webpage.

Viking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
WR1, Mini 906, 2*A119S, SJDash
If I have missed a camera or have got a wrong data please send a link, with the manufacturer site and I will update the information.

Please open pdf file

Sorry I don't know how to post a spreadsheet. is there a way to do it?

Attachments

• dash camera temperature.pdf
    120 KB · Views: 31
I have tried to compare the operation temperature on Dash camera from the manufacturer homepage, to see how well the manufactory have design the camera to withstand the temperature in a car.

The reason for that, was I measure my dashboard a warm summer day in Virginia, USA. I'm sure you easily will find a temperature much hotter in USA, EU, Asian and Australia.

That day I measured the temperature it was 35C/95F in the shade and after a half hour drive in the sun, with A/C on max cooling the dashboard temperature was 65C/149F. After 15 minute without the A/C on the temperature was 80C/176.

The most camera is design to be mounted on the windscreen. Some car has toned part of the windscreen to shade other don't. So the camera will more or less be exposed to suns ray and will probably get close to these temperature, before the dash camera had be turned on. I don't know how much heat a dash cam produce, but I would like to see the manufacturer in general, design a camera with a wider temperature range.

The specs listed on a manufacturer site don't always add up to the real world reality results unfortunately, while others can easily out perform the specs listed.

others can easily out perform the specs listed.
So I wonder, why these still keep a low operative temperature range in there specification.
Do there count on user, don't not have focus on this specification.

Here is one example where the heat chamber tests and real world results exceed the published specs:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/what-temperatures-can-this-sustain.12684/

SGZC12SG and Panorama S can "unofficially" handle Parking Mode Operation Up to 90C/194F no problem. The memory card will fail before the camera does.
Real world results back it up too with the record breaking temperatures across the country. (no heat related issues reported)

HfMTeDd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only heard positive thing about Street Guardian, so I was very surprised, that there don't put any operation temperature on the website. But I hope @jokiin will update homepage with these data.

I have only heard positive thing about Street Guardian, so I was very surprised, that there don't put any operation temperature on the website. But I hope @jokiin will update homepage with these data.

it's listed in the user manuals for the products

the ratings are well within the limits that we test to, I think most will publish conservative figures

Yeah, I'm not sure how helpful this chart is when "real world" values are wildly different for many of these. Tested To vs Published Results vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

All what I have done is to collect operating temperature which manufacturer can stand by in one place. I don't make any recommendation of any camera. People can chose to use these data or not.

the ratings are well within the limits that we test to, I think most will publish conservative figures
There might be a standard, which manufacturer can refer to. The most of the industry got one. What does companies as Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Nikon... do?
Why does people keeping refer to you product. Probably because you team have put a lot of pride in to you camera and don't promise more than you can keep. I don't ask for more.

I'm not sure how helpful this chart is when "real world" values are wildly different for many of these.
You are absolute right, but do have a better idea to line camera up by temperature. I think is fair for the buyer to see operating temperature for the camera.

and last people I recommend people use the forum to gain extra knowledge.

Back