Max Recording Time and Size of SD Card

Hehe remember Denmark = small stuff, just 6 million of us here, i think thats a couple of millions more than live in LA, and a couple million less than live in NYC

To be honest i was freaked it wasend closed off at night, but it seem even parking lots under public branches like IRS offices are wide open at night.
Only private money making garages seen to be locked up at night.

I had a 6 hour layover in LA back in 1990, just time to pop out on town to buy some CD's and then get the hell back to LAX in a hurry :giggle:
Pretty overwhelming even for a guy that have grown up in the #2 largest town in Denmark. And that town are actually a lot smaller than our Capitol Copenhagen ( 1.3 million there )

Yeah, perhaps "cheap" wasn't the right word. Under-powered in the processor department is more accurate. It's the classic trade-off of having the required processor power (and associated elements like RAM, etc) to allow fast enough running of the code required to do decent motion analysis.

What I'd like to see is a shift away from the manufacturers stuffing everything into one package that's to hang on your windshield. I mean, most of us serious users have to mount things like the PMP behind the dash anyway, and run wires. I'd like to see a 2-piece dashcam, with the windshield part containing only the optics and minimal electronics to run that (and maybe the WiFi antenna), plus a separate module (think Raspberry PI-sized) that you mount elsewhere that has all the video processing, storage management and power management. Heck, even provide an option to use actual SSD drives instead of SD cards, and big-ass LiIon battery packs if you so-choose.
Maybe when I retire I'll invent such a beast and become a bazillionaire. :->

Back